Table of Contents
- Due to limitations of space only a selection of papers is listed here. Part I. Characterization of High-Sulfur Coals (4 papers). Further sulfur speciation studies by sulfur K-edge Xanes spectroscopy (G.P. Huffman, N. Shah, F.E. Huggins, F. Lu, J. Zhao). Part II. Coal Desulfurization: Physical (15 papers). Electrochemical equilibria in coal flotation systems and their role in determining the interfacial properties of pyrite and its separation from coal (D. Liu, P. Somasundaran, P.F. Duby). The interaction of thioglycolic acid and pyrite (S. Luo, J.F. McClelland, T.D. Wheelock). On the native and induced floatability of coal and pyrite (C. Jiang, X.H. Wang, J.W. Leonard, B.K. Parekh). Part III. Coal Desulfurization: Chemical and Biological (8 papers). Chemical desulfurization of Canadian high sulfur coal with potassium permanganate (Y.A. Attia, A. Fung). Isolation and kinetic analyses of bacterial strains which desulfurize model compounds characteristic of coal (P. Wang, A.E. Humphrey, S. Krawiec). Part IV. Combustion (6 papers). Characterization of fluidized bed combustion fly ashes produced from high sulfur coals (S.S. Akhtar, S.M. Schlorholtz). Mild tempeature fluidized bed gasification of coal/phosphoric acid mixtures: Partitioning coal sulfur to the gas as H
2S (J.M. Stencel, J.K. Neathery, J.L. Schaefer, J. Yang). Formation of NO xand N 2O in the fluidized-bed combustion of high- and low-rank coals (B.C. Young, M.D. Mann, M.E. Collings). Part V. Postcombustion Technologies (5 papers). Efficient and cost effective NO xand SO 2removal from flue gases with SNOX™ process (D.C. Borio, W.H. Kingston). Capture of greenhouse gases by novel aerogel sorbents prepared by sol-gel technology (Y.A. Attia). Part VI. Coal Desulfurization: Miscellaneous (7 papers). Spent seed regeneration in coal-fired MHD system using weak-base anion-exchange resins (A.C. Sheth, S.D. Strevel). Microstructural characterization of morphological changes and grain-boundary fractures in coal comminution (Q. Guo, X.H. Wang, B.K. Parekh). Author index. Subject index.
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1993
- Published: October 14, 1993
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9781483290270
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Processing and Utilization of High-Sulfur Coals V"