Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Processing and Sustainability of Beverages, Volume Two in the Science of Beverages series, is a general reference of the current and future actions for a sustainable beverage industry. This resource takes a unique approach, combining processing with sustainability. Topics of note include waste treatment and management, environmental analysis for a sustainable beverage industry, and modern technologies for beverage processing to reduce contaminants and increase the quality. This book is essential to scientists, researchers and technologists in the beverages field, covering both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Covers a broad range of beverage products to increase knowledge of quality improvement and product development
- Presents novel food processing technologies on beverage antioxidants
- Offers sustainable management strategies for implementing added value in beverage products
Food scientists, food chemists, food microbiologists, food engineers in the beverages sector
1. Adding Sustainability to the Beverage Industry Through Nature-based Wastewater Treatment
Dolores Hidalgo, Jesús M. Martín-Marroquín
2. Alcoholic Beverages: Current Situation and Generalities of Anthropological Interest
Arianna Núñez-Caraballo, José D. García-García, Anna Iliná, Adriana C. Flores-Gallegos, L. Georgina Michelena-Álvarez, Gerardo Rodríguez-Cutiño, José L. Martínez-Hernández, Cristóbal Noe Aguilar
3. Sustainable Business Models in Beverages Industry Networks: The Case Study of an Italian Breweries Network
Francesca Culasso, Pierantonio Bertero and Paola De Bernardi
4. The Sustainability of Mexican Traditional Beverage Sotol: Ecological, Historical, Social and Technical Issues
M. Humberto Reyes-Valdés, Roberto Palacios, Erika Nohemi Rivas-Martínez, Armando Robledo-Olivo, Adriana Antonio-Bautista, Carlos Manuel Valdés-Dávila, José Ángel Villarreal-Quintanilla, Adalberto Benavides-Mendoza
5. Quality Improvement and New Product Development in the Hibiscus Beverage Industry
Maria João P. Monteiro, Ana Isabel A. Costa, Keith I. Tomlins, Manuela E. Pintado
6. Tradition and Innovation within the Wine Sector: How a Strong Combination Could Increase the Company’s Competitive Advantage
Margherita Stupino, Elisa Giacosa, Massimo Pollifroni
7. UV-C Light for Processing Beverages: Principles, Applications, and Future Trends
O.T. Antonio-Gutiérrez, A.S. López-Díaz, A. López-Malo, E. Palou, N. Ramírez-Corona
8. Pectinases: Production and Applications for Fruit Juice Beverages
Anand Nighojkar, Mukesh K. Patidar, and Sadhana Nighojkar
9. In Situ Analysis Devices for Estimating the Environmental Footprint in Beverages Industry
N. Jornet-Martínez, S. Bocanegra-Rodríguez, R.A. González- Fuenzalida, C. Molins-Legua, P. Campíns-Falcó
10. Hydrodynamic Cavitation Technologies: A Pathway to More Sustainable, Healthier Beverages and Food Supply Chains
Lorenzo Albanese, Francesco Meneguzzo
11. Influence of Processing on Rheological and Textural Characteristics of Goat and Sheep Milk Beverages and Methods of Analysis
Vanessa Bonfim da Silva, Beatriz da Silva Frasao, Marion Pereira da Costa
12. Effect of Novel Food Processing Technologies on Beverage Antioxidants
Gülay Özkan, Burcu Güldiken, Esra Capanoglu
13. Valorization of Residues from Beverage Production
Sigrid Kusch-Brandt, Jan Mumme, Ossanna Nashalian, Francesca Girotto, Maria Cristina Lavagnolo, Chibuike Udenigwe
14. Law and Science Make a Common Effort to Enact a Zero Waste Strategy for Beverages
Lara Fornabaio, Margherita Paola Poto, Marta Fornabaio, Federica Sordo
15. Processing of Beverages by Membrane
Amit Jain, Sirshendu De
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 10th December 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is a lecturer in the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, at the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania. He is an experienced researcher and published editor in the field of nano and biostructures. He is the editor-in-chief of two international open access journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience. Dr. Grumezescu has published more than 200 peer-reviewed papers, authored nine books, and has served as an editor for more than 50 scholarly books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.