Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Process Geomorphology (an overview)
3. Plate Tectonics (an overview)
4. Weathering and Erosion
5. Landscape evolution (Hydraulic)
6. Landscape evolution (non-hydraulic)
7. Quantitative geomorphology (morphometric parameters)
8. Tectonic influence on landscape evolution
9. Quantification of deviations from normal
10. Selected case studies and examples from diverse geological ages, tectonics, structural and climatic settings
11. Concluding remarks on importance of geomorphic studies in disaster assessment, monitoring and mitigation
Appendix 1: List of morphometric parameters and methodology
Processes, Products, and Cycles of Tectonic Geomorphology, Volume Six focuses on the process of landscape evolution more than the qualitative landscape description that is commonly available in geomorphic texts. The emerging understanding of the linkage between the modified Davisian landscape cycles and Wilson tectonic cycles is enumerated to highlight how sustainable land-use planning and hazard mitigation can benefit from this integrative perspective of geomorphology. This book is intended for practitioners and advanced-level students of earth sciences.
- Provides an integration of the principles and theories behind recent studies that integrate geomorphic studies in tectonic evaluations
- Includes sections on the maturity of landscape evolution (geomorphic maturity) in anthropogenic land-use planning, sustainability and hazard zone assessment and management
- Presents an easy-to-use reference book for students and researchers of the subject
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st November 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Vivek S. Kale is a former reader in geology at the University of Pune in Pune, India, and a former adjunct professor of earth sciences at the Indian Institute of Technology (B) in Mumbai, India, with more than 30 years of teaching experience. He currently is the Managing Trustee at ACWADAM in Pune and serves as the Head of Geospatial at Kalyani Global Engineering Private Limited. He is a member of Geological Society of India, the Geological Society of America, the Indian Geophysical Union, and the Indian Society of Remote Sensing.
Managing Trustee, ACWADAM, Pune; Head: Geospatial, Kalyani Global Engineering Pvt. Ltd., Pune, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.