- A 150-question practice exam provides a comprehensive review of content and prepares you for the phlebotomy certification examination with questions that mirror the exam's multiple-choice format.
- Competency score sheets allow you to evaluate your mastery of newly acquired skills related to the most critical and important steps in phlebotomy procedures.
- A color Tube Guide provides a quick reference for determining the type of tube to use for blood collection of common tests.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter reinforce your understanding and provide a self-assessment tool.
- A glossary provides a quick reference to definitions for all of the book's terms.
- A companion Evolve website enhances learning with interactive quizzes and WebLinks for further reading and research.
Part 1: The Practice of Phlebotomy
1. Introduction to Phlebotomy
2. Anatomy and Physiology
3. Infectious Diseases and Their Prevention
4. Medical Terminology NEW!
6. Proper Procedures for Venipuncture
7. Special Collection Procedures
8. Pediatric and Geriatric Procedures
9. Complications of Phlebotomy
10. Point-of Care for Phlebotomists
Part 2: Professional Issues
11. Interpersonal Communication and Professionalism
12. Phlebotomy Department Management
13. Total Quality in Phlebotomy Service
14. Medical-Legal Issues and Health Law Procedures
Appendix A: Answers to Chapter Review Questions
Appendix B: Practice Examination for Certification
Appendix C: Helpful Spanish Phrases