Confidently perform the most common office procedures with Procedures for the Primary Care Provider, 3rd Edition. This practical, spiral-bound reference provides step-by-step illustrated guidelines for basic and advanced office procedures commonly performed by Nurse Practitioners and Physician’s Assistants. Each procedure follows a consistent format including a brief description of the procedure, a review of relevant anatomy and physiology, indications and contraindications, precautions, assessment, patient preparation, treatment alternatives, a list of equipment needed, and a step-by-step illustrated procedure. This third edition features nine new procedures, new illustrations, a more user-friendly full-color design, and much more.
- Need-to-know coverage of the most common office procedures performed by NPs, PAs, and other primary care providers makes this book an excellent guide for clinicians who may not perform these procedures regularly.
- Consistent procedure format includes a brief description of the procedure, a review of relevant anatomy and physiology, indications and contraindications, precautions, assessment, patient preparation, treatment alternatives, a list of equipment needed, and a step-by-step illustrated procedure.
- Detailed illustrations (nearly 400 drawings and photographs) clearly demonstrate the steps of each procedure.
- Step-by-step numbered guidelines for each procedure allow for quick reference.
- An introductory chapter covers legal, educational, and reimbursement factors related to performing common office procedures.
- Appendixes, including the Sample Checklist for Certification and the Sample Consent Form for Procedure, provide you with commonly used forms in an easy to access location.
1. Issues Related to Primary Care Procedures
2. Dermatologic Procedures
3. Eye, Ear, Nose, and Mouth Procedures
4. Respiratory Procedures
5. Cardiovascular Procedures
6. Gastrointestinal Procedures
7. Orthopedic Procedures
8. Genitourinary Procedures
9. Women's Health Procedures
10. Men’s Health Procedures
11. General Principles of Radiograph Interpretation
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2017
- 19th January 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Adjunct Faculty, School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland; Editor, JNP: The Journal for Nurse Practitioners.