Optimize diagnostic accuracy with Cardiovascular Imaging, a title in the popular Problem Solving in Radiology series. Drs. Suhny Abbara and Sanjeeva Kalva use a problem-based approach to help you make optimal use of the latest cardiovascular imaging techniques and achieve confident diagnoses.
- Make the most effective use of today's imaging techniques , including PET and SPECT.
- Perform effective interventions using the newest grafts, stents, and coils.
- See conditions as they appear in practice with more than 2,350 images detailing anatomy, normal anatomic variants, and pathology.
- Make optimal clinical choices and avoid complications with expert protocols and tricks of the trade.
- Avoid common problems that can lead to an incorrect diagnosis. Tables and boxes with tips, pitfalls, and other teaching points show you what to look for, while problem-solving advice helps you make sound clinical decisions.
- Quickly find the information you need thanks to a well-organized, user-friendly format with consistent headings, detailed illustrations, and at-a-glance tables.
- Access the entire text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com.
Section I Imaging Technique
2 Coronary Angiography: Technique
3 Cardiac Gated Computed Tomography
4 Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Techniques and Protocols
5 Radionuclide Imaging (Cardiac)
6 Vascular Ultrasound
7 Computed Tomography Angiography (Vascular)
8 Magnetic Resonance Angiography: Technique
9 Catheter Angiography (Vascular)
10 When to Choose What Test (Cardiac)
Section II Anatomy
11 Cardiovascular Anatomy and Pathology on Radiography
12 Cardiac Anatomy on Computed Tomography
13 Cardiac Anatomy on Magnetic Resonance Imaging
14 Cardiac Anatomy on Coronary Angiography
15 Vascular Anatomy and Variants
16 Comparative Anatomy
Section III Devices
17 Cardiac Valves
18 Cardiac Devices
19 Vascular Devices
Section IV Special Situations
20 Imaging for Congenital Cardiovascular Disease
21 Role of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Cardiomyopathies
22 Atherosclerosis: Role of Calcium Scoring
23 Cardiac Computed Tomography for the Evaluation of Acute Coronary Syndrome in the Emergency Department
24 Imaging the Postoperative Thoracic Aorta
25 Inflammatory and Infectious Vascular Disorders
26 Current Role of Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Suspected Myocarditis
27 Radiation Issues
Section V Disease Entities by Anatomic Region
28 Myocardial Ischemic Disease: Magnetic Resonance Imaging
29 Myocardial Ischemic Disease: Nuclear
30 Myocardial Ischemic Disease: Computed Tomography
31 Myocardial Nonischemic Cardiomyopathies
32 Cardiac Masses
33 Pericardial Disease
34 Valves: Echocardiography
35 Valves: Magnetic Resonance Imaging
36 Valves: Computed Tomography
37 Coronary Arteries: Anomalies, Norm
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 10th December 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
"The attractiveness of this concept is that it approaches the concerns that many medical practitioners have as they move through their everyday practice and it makes it easy for practitioners to utilise the book as questions occur as their work evolves...The great stength of this book is that it contains a wide breath of material in an extremely accessible, problem-orientated manner that can be rapidly accessed...It allows the reader to rapidly become an expert in a small area that he or she may be concerned about and the style of the chapters effectively accentuates the key points in each area...Overall, therefore, an excellent comprehensive text presented in a way that allows the reader easy access to important bits of information without getting bogged down or imtimidated by the size of the whole textbook itself. This will make an excellent addition to any imaging library and would be a first-rate companion next to the reporting workstation."
RAD, June 2013