Problem Solving in Endodontics, 5th Edition, by James L. Gutmann and Paul Lovdahl, offers updated techniques and an evidence-based approach to the most common procedures performed at chairside. Ideal for both endodontists and general dentists, this thoroughly revised reference combines the precision of quality endodontic care with achievable and pain-free outcomes for the patient. Each chapter has been carefully designed so that you'll quickly grasp the anatomy, the instruments needed, and what procedures should be performed -- all supplemented by boxed clinical case examples and tips. Going beyond problem solving, it also addresses the major issues in diagnostic, anatomic, restorative, periodontic, traumatic, and surgical aspects of tooth retention.
- Provides chairside guidance for the endodontic procedures most commonly performed by endodontists and general dentists.
- Entire text has expanded concepts that are verified in new drawings and clinically relevant cases.
- Integrates new technologies and materials into every chapter that when applied result in predictable and optimal outcomes.
- Establishes clear parameters for the retention of teeth.
- Correlates optimal patient outcomes with an evidence-based approach.
- Reflects the practical expertise of renowned endodontics authority and past President of the AAE, Dr. James Gutmann, and endodontics specialist, Dr. Paul Lovdahl.
I. Problem Solving in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
1. Problem Solving in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
2. Problem Solving Techniques of Making Radiographic Images
3. Problem Solving in Interpretation of Dental Radiographic Images
4. Problem Solving in the Differential Diagnosis of Bony Defects Resulting From Pulpal and Periodontal Pathosis
5. Problem Solving in the Diagnosis of Treatment Failure
6. Problem Solving in the Diagnosis of Non-Odontogenic Pain
II. Problem Solving Treatment Procedures in Non-Surgical Root Canal Procedures
7. Problem Solving Challenges in Dentin Hypersensitivity and Vital Pulp Therapy
8. Problem Solving in Tooth Isolation, Access Openings and Identification of Orifice Locations
9. Problem Solving in Working Length Determination
10. Problem Solving Clinical Techniques in the Enlarging and Shaping of the Root Canal
11. Problem Solving in Cleaning and Disinfecting the Root Canal System
12. Problem Solving Challenges in Root Canal Obturation
13. Problem Solving Challenges in Compromised Roots, Root Canal Systems and Anatomical Deviations
14. Problem Solving Techniques for the Revision of Previous Root Canal Procedures
15. Problem Solving in the Management of Painful Tooth Emergencies
III. Problem Solving Treatment Procedures in Surgical Procedures
16. Problem Solving Challenges in Periapical Surgery
17. Problem Solving in the Management of Teeth with Subgingival Carious and Fractured Margins Including Radicular Defects
18. Problem Solving Challenges that Require Periradicular Surgical Intervention
IV. Problem Solving Issues in Adjunctive Dental Procedures
19. Problem Solving in the Management of Tooth Fractures and Traumatic Tooth Injuries
20. Problem Solving the Challenges Faced
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2011
- 6th August 2010
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, Department of Restorative Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry; the Texas A&M University System, Health Science Center, Dallas, TX, USA; Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics, Honorary Professor, School of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Practice Limited to Endodontics, Sea Mar Community Health Center, Bellingham, WA, USA