- Provides a sound and stimulating introduction to probability theory
- Places emphasis on the role of probability theory in statistical theory and practice, built on the use of illustrative examples and the solution of problems from typical examination papers
Table of Contents
- Probability; Conditional probability and independence; Random variables; Continuous distributions; Distribution function; Functions of random variables; Bivariate distributions; Expectation of a random variable; Variance of a random variable; Moment generating functions; Moments of bivariate distributions; Probability generating functions; Sums of random variables; Unbiased estimators; Sampling finite populations; Generating random variables.
- No. of pages: 344
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2005
- Published: March 15, 2005
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9781904275190
- eBook ISBN: 9780857099471
About the Author
G P Beaumont
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Probability and Random Variables"