Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Global financial markets might seem as if they increasingly resemble each other, but a lot of peculiar aspects qualify different markets with different levels of development. Private equity investors can take advantage of these variations. Structured to provide a taxonomy of the business, Private Equity and Venture Capital in Europe, Second Edition, introduces private equity and venture capital markets while presenting new information about the core of private equity: secondary markets, private debt, PPP within private equity, crowdfunding, venture philanthropy, impact investing, and more. Every chapter has been updated, and new data, cases, examples, sections, and chapters illuminate elements unique to the European model. With the help of new pedagogical materials, this Second Edition provides marketable insights about valuation and deal-making not available elsewhere.
- Covers new regulations and legal frameworks (in Europe and the US) described by data and tax rates
- Features overhauled and expanded pedagogical supplements to increase the versatility of the Second Edition
- Focuses on Europe
- Includes balanced presentations throughout the book
Upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, and professionals working in venture capital, and more generally in financial markets and financial institutions
Part 1 General Framework and Private Equity Deals
1. The Fundamentals of Private Equity and Venture Capital
2. Theoretical Foundation of Private Equity and Venture Capital
3. Clusters of Investment Within Private Equity
4. Investing in the Early Stages of a Company: Venture Capital
5. Investments in Mature Companies: Expansion Financing
6. Investments in Mature Companies: Replacement Financing
7. Investing in Mature Companies: Vulture Financing
Part 2 Legal and Fiscal Framework in the Private Equity Business
8. Legal Framework in Europe for Equity Investors
9. Legal Framework in the United States and United Kingdom for Equity Investors
10. Taxation Framework for Private Equity and Fiscal Impact for Equity Investors
Part 3 Managing a Private Equity Investment
11. The Managerial Process
14. Managing and Monitoring
16. Listing a Private Company
Part 4 Company Valuation, New Solutions, and Industry Trends
17. 1Company Valuation in Private and Venture Capital
18. Techniques of Equity Value Definition
19. New Trends and Solutions in the Private Equity and Venture Capital Industry
20. Strategies, Business Models, and Perspectives of Private Equity and Venture Capital
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 3rd January 2018
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Stefano Caselli is Vice-Rector for International Affairs at Bocconi University where he is a Full Professor of Banking and Finance and Chair in Long-Term Investment and Absolute Return. He is the Chair for the EMEA Region of Partnership in International Management, Executive Secretary of the External Advisory Board of the School of Transnational Governance at EUI and conducts numerous research and consulting projects with the most important financial institutions at European level and corporations for valuation and corporate governance issues.
Professor of Banking and Finance and Chair in Long-Term Investment and Absolute Return, Vice-Rector for International Affairs, Bocconi University, Italy
Giulia Negri is Fellow of Corporate Finance at Bocconi School of Management. She teaches Executive level and Executive MBA-level courses and serves as a financial consultant for small and medium-sized enterprise companies.
Fellow of Corporate Finance, Bocconi School of Management, Italy
"Comprehensive textbooks on Venture Capital and Private Equity are still scarce goods. This compendium provides an excellent up-to-date discussion of the most important aspects focusing on the European landscape. Students and young practitioners in the Venture Capital and Private Equity or affiliated industries will very much appreciate its content." --Alexander Groh, EMLYON Business School
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.