Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Global financial markets might seem as if they increasingly resemble each other, but a lot of peculiar aspects qualify different markets with different levels of development. Private equity investors can take advantage of these variations. Structured to provide a taxonomy of the business, Private Equity and Venture Capital in Europe, Second Edition, introduces private equity and venture capital markets while presenting new information about the core of private equity: secondary markets, private debt, PPP within private equity, crowdfunding, venture philanthropy, impact investing, and more. Every chapter has been updated, and new data, cases, examples, sections, and chapters illuminate elements unique to the European model. With the help of new pedagogical materials, this Second Edition provides marketable insights about valuation and deal-making not available elsewhere.
- Covers new regulations and legal frameworks (in Europe and the US) described by data and tax rates
- Features overhauled and expanded pedagogical supplements to increase the versatility of the Second Edition
- Focuses on Europe
- Includes balanced presentations throughout the book
Upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, and professionals working in venture capital, and more generally in financial markets and financial institutions
Part 1 General Framework and Private Equity Deals
1. The Fundamentals of Private Equity and Venture Capital
2. Theoretical Foundation of Private Equity and Venture Capital
3. Clusters of Investment Within Private Equity
4. Investing in the Early Stages of a Company: Venture Capital
5. Investments in Mature Companies: Expansion Financing
6. Investments in Mature Companies: Replacement Financing
7. Investing in Mature Companies: Vulture Financing
Part 2 Legal and Fiscal Framework in the Private Equity Business
8. Legal Framework in Europe for Equity Investors
9. Legal Framework in the United States and United Kingdom for Equity Investors
10. Taxation Framework for Private Equity and Fiscal Impact for Equity Investors
Part 3 Managing a Private Equity Investment
11. The Managerial Process
14. Managing and Monitoring
16. Listing a Private Company
Part 4 Company Valuation, New Solutions, and Industry Trends
17. 1Company Valuation in Private and Venture Capital
18. Techniques of Equity Value Definition
19. New Trends and Solutions in the Private Equity and Venture Capital Industry
20. Strategies, Business Models, and Perspectives of Private Equity and Venture Capital
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 3rd January 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Stefano Caselli is Vice Rector for International Affairs at Bocconi University whereas is a Full Professor of Banking and Finance at Department of Finance and member of the board of directors of SDA Bocconi School of Management. He is also the founder and the director of the “Start-up Day” platform for Bocconi since 2015, devoted to facilitate the start-up process for Bocconi students and alumni. His research activities focus on the relationship between banking and industrial system, facing issues both of banking credit risk management and of corporate finance and capital structure. He is the author of numerous books and articles on the subject. His works have been published in Journal of Financial Intermediation, Journal of Banking and Finance, European Financial Management, Journal of Financial Services Research, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance and Economia & Management, among others. He has got a long experience as independent director in several boards of corporations and financial institutions as well as advisor of investment committees (among them: SIAS S.p.A., Generali Real Estate, Santander Consumer Bank, Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo). He acts as columnist and opinion maker on “L’Economia del Corriere della Sera”, as well radio and television programs. He is research fellow of BAFFI-CAREFIN (the research centre for financial innovation of Bocconi University), member of the board of directors of ISBM – International School of Business Management, in UK and member of the Strategic Board of CEMS. He won several times the “Bocconi Teaching Award” and the “Bocconi Research Award” in 1997, 2004 and 2011.
Professor of Banking and Finance, Universita Bocconi, Italy
Giulia Negri is Research Fellow of Corporate and Real Estate Finance Department at SDA Bocconi School of Management and a PhD Candidate at Sankt Gallen University in Switzerland. Her field of interest concerns Financial Reporting, Performance Measurement and the whole world of Start-ups and Private Equity and Venture Capital. She conducts research about private equity, start-ups and performance measurement systems. At the moment, she is working for the third consecutive year for the activity “StartupDay” at Bocconi University that rewards the best Italian startups and that creates a marketplace among investors and startuppers. In the past, she has worked with J.P. Morgan, PwC, Assiteca (the largest Italian insurance broker), Assolombarda (the General Confederation of Lombardy), and Prysmian Group.
Corporate and Real Estate Finance Department at SDA Bocconi School of Management
"Comprehensive textbooks on Venture Capital and Private Equity are still scarce goods. This compendium provides an excellent up-to-date discussion of the most important aspects focusing on the European landscape. Students and young practitioners in the Venture Capital and Private Equity or affiliated industries will very much appreciate its content." --Alexander Groh, EMLYON Business School