- Print ISBN 9780123750266
- Electronic ISBN 9780080962948
The distinctive nature of the European pe/vc environment is on display in Stefano Caselli’s presentation of its complete conceptual framework, from the volatile (its financial side) to the stable (its legal organization). A Bocconi University professor, Caselli offers a European perspective on market fundamentals, the v.c. cycle, and valuation issues, supporting his observations with recent examples and case studies. Written for investors, his book achieves many "firsts," such as clarifying many aspects of EU and UK financial institutions. Complete with finding aids, keywords, exercises, and an extensive glossary, Private Equity and Venture Capital in Europe is written not just for Europeans, but for everybody who needs to know about this growing market.
I. GENERAL FRAMEWORK
1. The fundamentals of private equity and venture capital
2. Clusters of investment within private equity
3. Theoretical foundation of private equity and venture capital
4. Legal framework in Europe for equity investors
5. Legal framework in the United States and the United Kingdom for equity investors
6. Taxation framework for private equity and fiscal impact for equity investors
II. THE PROCESS AND THE MANAGEMENT TO INVEST
7. The management of equity investment
10. Managing and monitoring
III. VALUATION AND THE "ART OF DEAL MAKING"
12. Company valuation in private equity and venture capital
13. Techniques of equity value definition
14. Financing seed and start-up
15. Financing growth
16. Financing buy-out
17. Turnaround and distressed financing
18. The listing of private company
19. Strategies, Business Models, and Perspectives of Private Equity and Venture Capital
"Professor Caselli’s views fill a gap in the market dynamics of private equity, both before and after being affected by the financial crises. His work offers a complete review of the business, balancing a rigorous academic approach with the insider experience of the applied profession; it's great reading for academics as well as for practitioners."
--Roberto Albisetti, IFC