The distinctive nature of the European pe/vc environment is on display in Stefano Caselli’s presentation of its complete conceptual framework, from the volatile (its financial side) to the stable (its legal organization). A Bocconi University professor, Caselli offers a European perspective on market fundamentals, the v.c. cycle, and valuation issues, supporting his observations with recent examples and case studies. Written for investors, his book achieves many "firsts," such as clarifying many aspects of EU and UK financial institutions. Complete with finding aids, keywords, exercises, and an extensive glossary, Private Equity and Venture Capital in Europe is written not just for Europeans, but for everybody who needs to know about this growing market.
- Only book that provides a comprehensive treatment of PE/VC in UK/Europe, ideal for European business schools teaching professionals or pre-professionals who will work in Europe
- Provides a complete analysis of the EU versus US in all areas of PE/VC
- Contains cases and theory, providing both in one package
- Filled with pedagogical support features
Primary: MBA and Advanced undergraduate, MBA, and Executive Education students Studying Private Equity and Venture Capital in UK and Europe. Secondary: Secondary: MBA and Advanced undergraduate, MBA, and Executive Education students Studying Private Equity and Venture Capital in US and Asia .May also be used as a supplemental text in Corporate Finance courses.
I. GENERAL FRAMEWORK
1. The fundamentals of private equity and venture capital
2. Clusters of investment within private equity
3. Theoretical foundation of private equity and venture capital
4. Legal framework in Europe for equity investors
5. Legal framework in the United States and the United Kingdom for equity investors
6. Taxation framework for private equity and fiscal impact for equity investors
II. THE PROCESS AND THE MANAGEMENT TO INVEST
7. The management of equity investment
10. Managing and monitoring
III. VALUATION AND THE "ART OF DEAL MAKING"
12. Company valuation in private equity and venture capital
13. Techniques of equity value definition
14. Financing seed and start-up
15. Financing growth
16. Financing buy-out
17. Turnaround and distressed financing
18. The listing of private company
19. Strategies, Business Models, and Perspectives of Private Equity and Venture Capital
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2010
- 15th December 2009
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Stefano Caselli is Vice Rector for International Affairs and Full Professor of Banking and Finance at Department of Finance of Bocconi University in Milan. He conducts research at domestic and international levels and has written about private equity, SME’s and family business financing, corporate finance, corporate banking and banking strategy. He is a member of the scientific committees of CER (Centro Europa Ricerche in Rome), ECMI (European Capital Market Institute in Bruxelles), EVCA (European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association for PEREP Group in Bruxelles), ENTER (the research centre for entrepreneurship of Bocconi University) and CAREFIN (the research centre for financial innovation of Bocconi University). He serves as an independent director on several boards of corporations and financial institutions and has supported many companies and institutions as strategic consultant (among them, Borsa Italiana for Elite Project, ABI Associazione Bancaria Italiana, OCSE, Consob for the working group devoted to incentives for stock exchange).
Full Professor of Banking and Finance, Universita' Bocconi, ITALY
"Professor Caselli’s views fill a gap in the market dynamics of private equity, both before and after being affected by the financial crises. His work offers a complete review of the business, balancing a rigorous academic approach with the insider experience of the applied profession; it's great reading for academics as well as for practitioners."
--Roberto Albisetti, IFC