Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The distinctive nature of the European pe/vc environment is on display in Stefano Caselli’s presentation of its complete conceptual framework, from the volatile (its financial side) to the stable (its legal organization). A Bocconi University professor, Caselli offers a European perspective on market fundamentals, the v.c. cycle, and valuation issues, supporting his observations with recent examples and case studies. Written for investors, his book achieves many "firsts," such as clarifying many aspects of EU and UK financial institutions. Complete with finding aids, keywords, exercises, and an extensive glossary, Private Equity and Venture Capital in Europe is written not just for Europeans, but for everybody who needs to know about this growing market.
- Only book that provides a comprehensive treatment of PE/VC in UK/Europe, ideal for European business schools teaching professionals or pre-professionals who will work in Europe
- Provides a complete analysis of the EU versus US in all areas of PE/VC
- Contains cases and theory, providing both in one package
- Filled with pedagogical support features
Primary: MBA and Advanced undergraduate, MBA, and Executive Education students Studying Private Equity and Venture Capital in UK and Europe. Secondary: Secondary: MBA and Advanced undergraduate, MBA, and Executive Education students Studying Private Equity and Venture Capital in US and Asia .May also be used as a supplemental text in Corporate Finance courses.
I. GENERAL FRAMEWORK
1. The fundamentals of private equity and venture capital
2. Clusters of investment within private equity
3. Theoretical foundation of private equity and venture capital
4. Legal framework in Europe for equity investors
5. Legal framework in the United States and the United Kingdom for equity investors
6. Taxation framework for private equity and fiscal impact for equity investors
II. THE PROCESS AND THE MANAGEMENT TO INVEST
7. The management of equity investment
10. Managing and monitoring
III. VALUATION AND THE "ART OF DEAL MAKING"
12. Company valuation in private equity and venture capital
13. Techniques of equity value definition
14. Financing seed and start-up
15. Financing growth
16. Financing buy-out
17. Turnaround and distressed financing
18. The listing of private company
19. Strategies, Business Models, and Perspectives of Private Equity and Venture Capital
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2010
- 15th December 2009
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Stefano Caselli is Vice-Rector for International Affairs at Bocconi University where he is a Full Professor of Banking and Finance and Chair in Long-Term Investment and Absolute Return. He is the Chair for the EMEA Region of Partnership in International Management, Executive Secretary of the External Advisory Board of the School of Transnational Governance at EUI and conducts numerous research and consulting projects with the most important financial institutions at European level and corporations for valuation and corporate governance issues.
Professor of Banking and Finance and Chair in Long-Term Investment and Absolute Return, Vice-Rector for International Affairs, Bocconi University, Italy
"Professor Caselli’s views fill a gap in the market dynamics of private equity, both before and after being affected by the financial crises. His work offers a complete review of the business, balancing a rigorous academic approach with the insider experience of the applied profession; it's great reading for academics as well as for practitioners."
--Roberto Albisetti, IFC
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.