Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 4th Edition is the original and most popular NCLEX review book on the market focused exclusively on building prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, this best-selling text establishes your foundational knowledge of management of care, then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you transition to practice in today's fast-paced healthcare environment. This new edition features more than 60 pages of additional questions, a completely new pharmacology chapter and questions, a content re-alignment to match the latest National League for Nursing guidelines for delegation and patient assignment, increased inclusion of LGBTQ-related scenarios, updated infection control coverage, and much more!
- Answer keys offer a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question to encourage formative assessment.
- Interactive practice quizzing on Evolve allows you to create a virtually unlimited number of practice sessions in Study Mode or Exam Mode.
- Emphasis on the NCLEX Examination’s management-of-care focus addresses the heavy emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the current NCLEX-RN® Examination.
- Updated content throughout matches the latest evidence-based guidelines and treatment protocols.
- Improved navigation and usability with color tabs on the edges of the book's pages and with answers directly following each chapter.
- UNIQUE! Three-part organization establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
Guidelines for Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment Decisions
PART TWO: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMMON HEALTH SCENARIOS
3. Immunologic Problems
4. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance Problems
5. Safety and Infection Control
6. Respiratory Problems
7. Cardiovascular Problems
8. Hematologic Problems
9. Neurologic Problems
10. Visual and Auditory Problems
11. Musculoskeletal Problems
12. Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Problems
13. Diabetes Mellitus
14. Other Endocrine Problems
15. Integumentary Problems
16. Renal and Urinary Problems
17. Reproductive Problems
18. Problems in Pregnancy and Childbearing
19. Pediatric Problems
20. Pharmacology NEW!
21. Emergencies and Disasters
22. Psychiatric–Mental Health Problems
PART THREE: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMPLEX HEALTH SCENARIOS
Case Study 1 – Chest Pressure, Indigestion, and Nausea
Case Study 2 – Dyspnea and Shortness of Breath
Case Study 3 – Multiple Clients on a Medical-Surgical Unit
Case Study 4 – Shortness of Breath, Edema, and Decreased Urine Output
Case Study 5 – Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Case Study 6 – Home Health
Case Study 7 – Spinal Cord Injury
Case Study 8 – Multiple Patients With Adrenal Gland Disorders
Case Study 9 – Multiple Clients With Gastrointestinal Problems
Case Study 10 – Multiple Patients With Pain
Case Study 11– Multiple Clients With Cancer
Case Study 12 – Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Case Study 13 – Head and Leg Trauma and Shock
Case Study 14 – Septic Shock
Case Study 15 – Heart Failure
Case Study 16 – Multiple Patients With Peripheral Vascular Disease
Case Study 17 – Respiratory Difficulty After Surgery
Case Study 18 – Long-Term Care
Case Study 19 – Pediatric Clients in Clinic and Acute Care Setting
Case Study 20 – Multiple Patients With Mental Health Disorders
Case Study 21 – Childbearing
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2019
- 12th December 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Formerly, Accelerated Program Director and Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
Formerly, Instructor in Clinical Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
Nursing Instructor, Yakima Valley Community College, Yakima, Washington
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.