The only NCLEX review book on the market with a focus on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 3rd Editionestablishes your foundational knowledge in management of care, then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
"..certainly a great resource for use in any healthcare setting." Reviewed by Anne Duell on behalf of Nursing Times, September 2015
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on the NCLEX Examination’s management-of-care focus addresses the heavy emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the current NCLEX Examination (17–23% of the 2013 NCLEX-RN Exam).
- UNIQUE! Three-part organization establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
- Answer key at the back of the book offers a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question to encourage formative assessment.
- Introduction chapter by delegation expert Ruth Hansten provides guidelines for prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment decisions as well as a concise, practical foundation on which Parts 2 and 3 build.
- Part 2: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Common Health Scenarios give you practice in applying the principles from Part 1 with straightforward NCLEX-style multiple-choice, multiple-select, ordering, and short-answer questions to help you develop and build confidence in prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills while working within the confines of relatively simple health scenarios.
- Part 3: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Complex Health Scenarios utilizes unfolding cases that build on the skills learned in Part 2 to equip you to make sound decisions in realistic, complex health scenarios involving complicated health problems and/or challenging patient assignment decisions and help you learn to "think like nurses" by developing what Benner (2010) calls "clinical imagination."
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
Guidelines for Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment Decisions
PART TWO: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMMON HEALTH SCENARIOS
3. Immunologic Problems
4. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance Problems
5. Safety and Infection Control EXPANDED!
6. Respiratory Problems
7. Cardiovascular Problems
8. Hematologic Problems
9. Neurologic Problems
10. Visual and Auditory Problems
11. Musculoskeletal Problems
12. Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Problems
13. Diabetes Mellitus Now covered in a separate chapter!
14. Other Endocrine Problems
15. Integumentary Problems
16. Renal and Urinary Problems
17. Reproductive Problems
18. Problems in Pregnancy and Childbearing
19. Pediatric Problems NEW!
20. Emergencies and Disasters
21. Psychiatric–Mental Health Problems NEW!
PART THREE: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMPLEX HEALTH SCENARIOS
Case Study 1 – Chest Pressure, Indigestion, Nausea, and Vomiting
Case Study 2 – Dyspnea and Shortness of Breath
Case Study 3 – Multiple Clients on a Medical-Surgical Unit
Case Study 4 – Shortness of Breath, Edema, and Decreased Urine Output
Case Study 5 – Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Case Study 6 – Home Health
Case Study 7 – Spinal Cord Injury
Case Study 8 – Multiple Patients with Adrenal Gland Disorders
Case Study 9 – Multiple Clients with Gastrointestinal Problems
Case Study 10 – Multiple Patients with Pain
Case Study 11 – Multiple Clients with Cancer
Case Study 12 – Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Case Study 13 – Head and Leg Trauma and Shock
Case Study 14 – Septic Shock
Case Study 15 – Heart Failure
Case Study 16 – Multiple Patients with Peripheral Vascula
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2015
- 2nd December 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: