This comprehensive, modern textbook on the principles and practice of homeopathy provides a detailed, practical and thorough basis for the understanding and the application of homeopathy. Drawing on the experience and knowledge of a wealth of international contributors, the book offers the foundations for the safe and broadest practice of modern homeopathy. The book is divided into 6 sections that take the understanding of homeopathy from basic principles through treatment of acute, chronic illnesses; the first prescription; the difficult case; and incurable cases.
- Provides a detailed, practical and thorough basis for the understanding and the application of homeopathy.
- Themes used to develop homeopathic education are woven throughout the text.
- Diagrams and boxes for cases and further reading help apply concepts to real-life situations.
- Written by an excellent practitioner with over 20 years' experience and highly respected contributors from around the world.
SECTION I – Introduction - Causation
1. What is Health?
3. The Homeopathic Consultation
4. Assessing the Homeopathic Case
5. Introduction to Prescribing
SECTION II – Simple Symptomatic
6. The Symptom, Susceptibility
7. The Materia Medica
8. Taking the Case
9. Local Prescribing and Reportorisation
10. Managing Different Types of Cases
SECTION III – Complex Totality/Constitutional
11. Holism and Understanding Complex Cases
12. Dynamic Materia Medica
13. Receiving the Case
14. Reaching Towards the Totality
15. Managing Complex Cases
SECTION IV – Deepening our Understanding
16. The Second Prescription
17. The Chronic Miasms
18. Veterinary Prescribing
19. Homeopathic Computer Programmes and Their Uses
20. Homeopathic Pharmacy
SECTION V – Broadening our Approach
22. Kingdoms, Families and Miasms
23. The Homeopathic Relationship
24. Homeopathic Research
25. The Therapeutic and Supervisory Relationship
SECTION VI – Confused and hidden “Relational” Prescribing
26. Holographic and Relational Models of Health
27. Emotional and Living Remedies
28. Understanding the Dynamic of Confused and Hidden Cases
29. Approaches to Treating Confused and Hidden Cases
30. Managing the Bigger Picture
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2007
- 23rd May 2007
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Homeopathy, The Natural Practice, Winchester, Hampshire, UK; Founder of the homeopathic practitioners teaching group (HPTG)
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.