This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. This book provides invaluable information for nurses working in all acute hospital wards and departments including recovery units, high dependency units, acute surgical or medical wards, and accident and emergency units. Some chapters are devoted to specific clinical areas such as cardiac care and respiratory care, with others covering broader clinical issues such as pain management and post-operative care. The underpinning anatomy, physiology and pharmacology are included in relevant chapters. In all these areas there is a strong emphasis on clinical application. Chapters on non-clinical, yet vital, components of high dependency nursing are also included to address aspects such as the development, management, interpersonal and social issues associated with high dependency care.
- Focuses specifically on high dependency care making the book much more relevant for non-ITU nurses
- Includes the underpinning A & P and pharmacology to obviate the need for further purchase
- Covers management and professional aspects as well as psycho-social issues making the book comprehensive providing all they need to know
- Provides Learning Objectives in each chapter facilitate study and revision
- Offers numerous illustrations help to clarify and amplify the text
Section 1: General Issues in High Dependency Care. The development, growth and context of high dependency care. Fundamental principles of high dependency care. Interpersonal issues in high dependency care. Social issues in high dependency care. Section 2: Clinical Issues in High Dependency Care. Respiratory care. Cardiac care. Neurological care. Post-anaesthetic and post-operative care. Clinical emergencies. Fluid and electrolytes. Pain management. Index.
- © Bailièrre Tindall 2006
- 6th December 2005
- Bailièrre Tindall
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
100 Training and Development Consultant, UK
Deputy Director of Nursing, Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospital NHS Trust London, UK