2. Preparation of nanofluids,
3. Stability and characterization,
4. Thermophysical properties,
5. Rheological behaviours of nanofluids,
6. Optical properties,
7. Correlations and analysis,
8. Application of nanofluids
Preparation, Characterization and Application of Nanofluid will begin with the introduction of colloidal systems and will discuss its relation with nanofluid. Available preparation methods of nanofluid will be included. There will be special emphasize on how to prepare stable nanofluid and the impact of ultrasonication power on nanofluid preparation. Nanofluid characterization and stability measurement technics will be discussed. Thermophysical properties of nanofluids as thermal conductivity, viscosity, density and specific heat including the figure of merit of the properties will be discussed. Also, the effect of different parameters like particle type, size, concentration; liquid type and temperature on these thermophysical properties will be discussed based on experimental results. Rheological behaviours and optical properties of nanofluid will be included (as two separate chapters other than thermophysical properties). Moreover, the effect of different parameters on these properties will be discussed. The available model and correlations used for nanofluid property calculation will be included. Also, the numerical formulas will be discussed, which are used to calculate performance parameters like heat transfer coefficient, pressure drop, energy, etc. of thermal systems. The numerical analysis will be included for heat exchangers performance improvement by using nanofluid properties. Potential application (existing and promising) of nanofluids will be discussed.
- The reader will gain complete familiarity with nanofluid preparation methods, including finding answers to questions such as: Why nanofluids are unstable and how to improve the stability of nanofluids? How ultrasonication processes affect the stability of nanofluid?
- Explores the effect of preparation method and stability on thermophysical and rheological properties of nanofluids
- Assesses the available model and correlations used for nanofluid property calculation
Materials scientists who are looking to learn more about nanofluid preparation methods, and how nanofluid can be applied
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2019
- 1st September 2018
- William Andrew
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Islam is a Research Engineer at King Fahid University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia. He has several years’ hands-on experience working with nanofluid. He started his career in industry as an R&D engineer before joining King Fahid University. He has published about 50 nanofluid-related publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Research Engineer, King Fahid University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia