Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introduction to nanofluid
2. Preparation of nanofluids
3. Stability and dispersion characterization of nanofluid
4. Thermophysical properties of nanofluid
5. Rheological behaviours of nanofluids
6. Optical properties of nanofluid
7. Correlations and theoretical analysis of nanofluid
8. Application of nanofluids
Preparation, Characterization, Properties and Application of Nanofluid begins with an introduction of colloidal systems and their relation to nanofluid. Special emphasis on the preparation of stable nanofluid and the impact of ultrasonication power on nanofluid preparation is also included, as are characterization and stability measurement techniques. Other topics of note in the book include the thermophysical properties of nanofluids as thermal conductivity, viscosity, and density and specific heat, including the figure of merit of properties. In addition, different parameters, like particle type, size, concentration, liquid type and temperature are discussed based on experimental results, along with a variety of other important topics.
The available model and correlations used for nanofluid property calculation are also included.
- Provides readers with tactics on nanofluid preparation methods, including how to improve their stability
- Explores the effect of preparation method and stability on thermophysical and rheological properties of nanofluids
- Assesses the available model and correlations used for nanofluid property calculation
Academia, Engineers and Materials scientists who are looking to learn more about nanofluid preparation methods, and how nanofluid can be applied
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2019
- 19th September 2018
- William Andrew
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"This book is a highly readable introduction to using nanofluids, which are projected to play a significant role in a range of energy-related applications, including the cooling of electronic systems and heat exchangers. The work provides a very practical introduction to the preparation and characterization of nanofluids." --Optics and Photonics News
Dr. Mohammed Mahbubul Islam is a Research Faculty at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia. He has several years’ hands-on experience working with nanofluid and nanofluid was his concentration in Post-doc, PhD and Masters. He started his career in industry as an R&D engineer. He was research project manager and researcher and established a complete nanofluid research laboratory in University of Malaya before joining King Fahd University. He has published about 50 nanofluid-related publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Research Engineer, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia