In Practice of Clinical Echocardiography, world-renowned authority Dr. Catherine M. Otto offers expert guidance on interpreting echocardiographic images and Doppler flow data and applying your findings to your daily clinical decision making. This medical reference book keeps you current on the latest advances and techniques, so you can implement the best possible approaches with your patients!
- Master the challenging practice of echocardiography through clear explanations of advanced concepts..
- Reinforce your learning with a visually rich reference that includes abundant figures and tables to supplement the text.
- Utilize the most promising approaches for your patients with coverage of all echocardiography modalities, including contrast and 3-D echocardiography.
- Zero in on the critically important information and get a quick summary for review thanks to key points at the end of each chapter and a disease-oriented assessment of echocardiographic data.
Part 1. ADVANCED ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC TECHNIQUES
- Transesophageal echocardiography
Monitoring Ventricular Function in the Operating Room: Impact on Clinical Outcome
- Contrast Ultrasound Imaging: Technical Aspects and Clinical Applications
- Three-Dimensional Echocardiography
- Echocardiographic guidance of structural heart disease interventions
- Intracardiac Echocardiography
- Intravascular ultrasound: Principles, histologic correlation and clinical applications
- Hand held echocardiography
- Quantitative evaluation of left ventricular structure, wall stress, and systolic function.
- Myocardial mechanics: Velocity, strain, strain-rate, cardiac synchrony, and twist
- Assessment of diastolic function by echocardiography
- Digital image processing and automated image analysis in echocardiography
- The role of echocardiographic evaluation in patients presenting with acute chest pain to the emergency department.
- Echocardiography in the coronary care unit: Management of acute myocardial infarction, detection of complications and prognostic implications.
- Exercise echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography with nonexercise techniques: Principles, protocols, interpretation, and clinical applications
- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Coronary Blood Flow: Approaches and Clinical Applications
Part 2. THE LEFT VENTRICLE
Part 3. ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE
Part 4. VALVULAR HEART DISEASE
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 8th May 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology, Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Director, Heart Valve Clinic, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington