Prepare for FNP practice with the latest evidence-based guidelines! Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 4th Edition provides essential information on current assessment and management protocols for primary care patients of all ages. Key details are easy to find, with the book’s concise, outline-style guidelines and abundant summary tables and charts. And you’ll be ready to manage care more effectively with the latest information on topics such as pain management, bariatric surgery follow-up, restless legs syndrome, and new medications for diabetes and cardiovascular disorders. Written by expert nurse practitioners Karen Fenstermacher and Barbara Toni Hudson, this guide equips you for the conditions most commonly seen in primary care settings.
- Essential, evidence-based guidelines provide the latest guidance for management of disorders commonly seen by FNPs in primary care settings, including information on which problems must be referred to a physician and which constitute an emergency.
- Quick-reference tables and charts include pediatric conditions charts, comparative charts for similar disorders, and health maintenance guidelines charts.
- Coverage of special populations assessment provides quick access to information on adult, pediatric, and geriatric assessment.
- Compact size and spiral binding make this guide easy to carry and easy to use in the clinical setting.
- Full-color insert provides an illustrated, quick reference to common skin disorders.
- Concise outline format makes it easy to locate essential information quickly.
Unit I: History and Physical Examination
1. Adult Assessment
2. Pediatric Assessment
3. Geriatric Assessment
4. Laboratory and Diagnostic Pearls NEW!
Unit II: Common Conditions
5. Skin Conditions
6. Respiratory Conditions
7. Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions
8. Cardiovascular Disorders
9. Peripheral Vascular and Hematologic Disorders
10. Abdominal Disorders
11. Gynecologic Disorders
12. Common Urinary Tract Disorders
13. Neurological Disorders
14. Musculoskeletal Conditions
15. Pain NEW!
15. Endocrine Disorders
16. Pediatric Disorders
17. Psychiatric Disorders
A. Food Sources for Selected Nutrients
B. Biological Disease Agents
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 27th May 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Family Nurse Practitioner, Mercy Primary Care, Carthage, Missouri
Family Nurse Practitioner, Ash Grove Family Care Clinic, Ash Grove, Missouri
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.