Designed for easy use by both beginning and experienced protein crystallographers, the second edition of Practical Protein Crystallography is an essential handbook for any scientist interested in solving a protein structure. The book includes examples of actual experiments and data, electron density maps, and computer methods. This second edition has new material covering CCP4, SHELX, cryocrystallography, MAD and automated fitting.
- In-depth coverage of every aspect of crystallography
- Coverage of the small details that can make or break projects
- Strongly application-oriented
- Exceptionally well illustrated
- Simple and easy-to-follow robust methods
- Tutorials with actual data available on the Web
- Useful for a broad spectrum of scientists
Biophysicists and protein chemists.
Laboratory Techniques. Data Collection Techniques. Computational Techniques. Xtal View Tutorials. Protein Crystallography Cookbook. Cryocrystallography.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1999
- 1st September 1999
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Praise for the First Edition
"The author has done an excellent job in presenting his personal experience in this field. He writes in a casual style which makes reading easy ... As a manual, the book is highly useful and should be on the shelf in every protein crystallography laboratory." --STRUCTURE