- Provides insights into generating rugged, practical, cost-effective processes for the chemical preparation of "small molecules"
- Breaks down process optimization into route, reagent and solvent selection, development of reaction conditions, workup, crystallizations and more
- Includes over 100 tips for rapid process development
- Presents guidelines for implementing and troubleshooting processes
Table of Contents
- Foreword by K. Barry Sharpless. Foreword by Jerome L. Moniot. Preface. About the Author. Approaches to Process Development. Route Selection. Reagent Selection. Solvent Selection. Running the Reaction. Effects of Water. In-Process Controls. Optimizing the Reaction by Minimizing Impurities. Optimizing Catalytic Reactions. Work-Up. Tools for Purifying the Product: Column Chromatography, Crystallization, and Reslurrying. Final Product Form and Impurity Considerations. Vessels and Mixing. Preparing for and Implementing the Scale-up Run. Troubleshooting. Chiral Syntheses. General Index. Reaction Type Index. Reagent Index.
- No. of pages: 384
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2000
- Published: March 20, 2000
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080514482
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780120594757
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Practical Process Research and Development"