Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This book is aimed at engineers and technicians who need to have a clear, practical understanding of the essentials of process control, loop tuning and how to optimize the operation of their particular plant or process. The reader would typically be involved in the design, implementation and upgrading of industrial control systems. Mathematical theory has been kept to a minimum with the emphasis throughout on practical applications and useful information.
This book will enable the reader to:
- Specify and design the loop requirements for a plant using PID control
- Identify and apply the essential building blocks in automatic control
- Apply the procedures for open and closed loop tuning
- Tune control loops with significant dead-times
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of analog process control and how to tune analog loops
- Explain concepts used by major manufacturers who use the most up-to-date technology in the process control field
· A practical focus on the optimization of process and plant · Readers develop professional competencies, not just theoretical knowledge · Reduce dead-time with loop tuning techniques
Professional engineers, Specialist students, Instrumentation & Control Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Data Systems Planners and Managers, Electricians, Building Service Designers, Maintenance Engineers, Control Technicians, Process Engineers, Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians, Consulting Engineers, Energy Management Consultants, Automation Engineers, Power System Protection and Control Engineers, Those in the design, implementation and upgrading of industrial control systems
Fundamentals of process control and new techniques, Tuning of PID control loops, Correcting stability problems, Understanding cascade loops and feed forward control, Correcting for long dead times in a loop, Cascade Control, Feedforward Control, Combined Feedback & Feedforward Control, Long Dead-time in Closed Loop Control, Alarm Handling & Process Security, Range of Control & Instrumentation in Industrial Process Control, Introduction to Statistical Process Control, Practical Applications, Expert System & Model Based Self Tuning Controllers
- No. of pages:
- © Newnes 2005
- 17th March 2005
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
IDC Technologies, Perth, Australia
"This book is aimed at engineers and technicians who need to have a clear, practical understanding of the essentials of process control, loop tuning and how to optimize the operation of their particular plant or process." - Chemical Engineering Progress