SECTION I: The Basics
Chapter 1: Normal Bone Anatomy
Chapter 2: Patterns in Radiology
Chapter 3: Clinical Patterns in Orthopedic Disease
Chapter 4: Patterns of Diagnostic Evaluation
SECTION II: Lesions Characterized Primarily by Osteoid Matrix Production
Chapter 5: Lesions Characterized by Osteoid Deposition and Non-Aggressive Radiology
Chapter 6: Lesions Characterized by Osteoid Deposition and Aggressive Radiology Located Within Bone
Chapter 7: Lesions Characterized by Osteoid Deposition and Non-Aggressive Radiology Located on Bone Surface
Chapter 8: Juxtacortical Lesions
SECTION III: Lesions Characterized Primarily by Cartilage Matrix Production
Chapter 9: Lesion Characterized by Cartilage Deposition and Non-Aggressive/Intermediate Radiology
Chapter 10: Lesions Characterized by Cartilage Deposition and Aggressive Radiology
SECTION IV: Other Lesions
Chapter 11: Lesions Characterized by Large Numbers of Giant Cells Replacing Trabecular Bone
Chapter 12: Lesions Characterized by a Fibrous, Spindle Cell Proliferation Replacing Trabecular Bone
Chapter 13: Vascular Tumors of Bone
Chapter 14: Lesions Characterized by Permeation of Cells Through Trabecular Bone With or Without Bone Destruction
Chapter 15: Cystic Lesions in Bone
Chapter 16: "Soft Tissue" Tumors of Bone, Avascular Necrosis and Bone Infarct, and Paget Disease
Chapter 17: Metastasis to Bone
Chapter 18: Notochordal and Related Lesions
SECTION V: Lesions of Joints/Synovium
Chapter 19: Degenerative Joint Disease
Chapter 20: Crystal Arthropathies
Chapter 21: Joint-Associated Lesions
Apply a systematic pattern recognition approach to achieve more accurate diagnoses of both neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Andrea Deyrup, MD, PhD and Gene P. Siegal, MD, PhD use a practical, pattern-based organization that helps you efficiently and confidently evaluate even the most challenging histologic specimens.
- Compare specimens to commonly seen patterns, categorize them accordingly, and turn directly to in-depth diagnostic guidance using the unique, pattern-based Visual Index at the beginning of the book. Includes guidance on both pathologic and radiologic diagnostic patterns.
- Assess key pathologic and clinical aspects of neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions with 800 high-quality, full-color images that help you evaluate and interpret both common and rare diseases.
- Find complete coverage of the musculoskeletal system from Normal Bone Anatomy through discussions of all major classifications of disease, both neoplastic and non-neoplastic.
- Progress logically from the histologic pattern, through the appropriate workup, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 9th April 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Executive Vice-Chair, Robert W. Mowry Endowed Professor of Pathology, Professor of Surgery, and Cell, Developmental, and Integrative Biology, Director, Division of Anatomic Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA