Pattern Based Approach to Diagnosis
Section I: Applied Anatomy and Pathophysiology
1. Microscopic Anatomy, Basic Terms, and Elemental Lesions
2. Immunobiology of the Liver
3. Bile Physiology and Transporter Proteins
4. Metabolism of Drugs and Xenobiotics
Section II: Clinical Features, Laboratory tests and Imaging
5. Laboratory Tests in Liver Disease
6. Clinical Features of Liver Disease
7. Investigative Imaging of the Liver
Section III: Common Liver Diseases of Childhood
8. Common Liver Diseases of Childhood
Section IV. Inherited and Metabolic Disorders
9. Medical Genetics and Biochemistry in Diagnosis and Management
10. Histologic Patterns of Metabolic Disease
11. Intrahepatic Cholestasis: Inherited Disorders
12. Wilson Disease
13. Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
15. Cystic Fibrosis
Section V: Infectious Diseases
16. Chronic Hepatitis: Grading and Staging
17. Hepatitis B
18. Hepatitis C
19. Acute Viral Hepatitides
20. Nonviral Infections of the Liver
21. Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
Section VI: Granulomatous Diseases
22. Hepatic Granulomas: Differential Diagnosis
23. Hepatic Sarcoidosis
Section VII: Drug-Induced Liver Injury
24. Liver Injury Due to Drugs and Herbal Agents
Section VIII: Disorders of the Bile Ducts
25. Fibrocystic Liver Diseases
26. Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
27. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
28. Loss of Intrahepatic Bile Ducts in Adults
Practical Hepatic Pathology—a new volume in the new Pattern Recognition series—offers you a practical guide to diagnosing every challenging liver biopsy that you encounter in your daily practice. Dr. Romil Saxena presents diagnoses according to a pattern-based organization that guides you from a histological pattern of injury, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Lavish, full-color images capture key hepatic pathology patterns of injury, pathognomonic features and common variations of all major liver diseases and hepatic neoplasms, while a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance. No other single source delivers the practical, hands-on information you need to solve even the toughest diagnostic challenges in liver biopsies.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank.
- Recognize the basic patterns of liver injury through an algorithmic approach and establish diagnosis by a pattern-based visual index present at the beginning of the book.
- Evaluate and interpret biopsy samples using superb, high-quality, full-color images that illustrate pathognomonic features and common variations.
- Get comprehensive information on major adult and childhood liver diseases, hepatic neoplasms and pre-neoplastic nodules including clinical features, laboratory tests, imaging findings and differential diagnosis.
- Understand the pathology and practice of liver transplantation with coverage of the clinical aspects of this procedure.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 4th February 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Indiana University School of Medicine; Indianapolis, IN