Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Power Electronics: Drive Technology and Motion Control explores the principles and practices of power electronics, emphasizing drive technology and motion control. The book covers the fundamentals of electric machine transformers, drive systems, electric traction and renewable energy in an e-Mobility chapter. Supported with illustrations and worked examples, the book covers theory, real life applications, and practical/industrial applications of power electronic drive technology and motion control. This book is intended for engineers, researchers and students who are interested in advanced control of power converters and control specialists who like to explore new applications of control theory.
Electronic power control is a coupling of electronic technology and applications from power engineering which rely on one another to provide cleaner electrical power, increased speed, reliability of power and accurate and efficient control of power.
- Includes illustrated diagrams to cover up-to-date industry applications
- Features in-depth worked examples to enhance understanding of power electronics theory and related practical applications
- Covers the fundamentals of electric machine transformers, drive systems, electric traction and renewable energy in an e-Mobility chapter
Electrical and, Electronics Engineers, researchers and Master studies in electrical engineering, electro mechanics, automation, Power system engineers
1. Electric Machines
2. Drive Systems
3. Current, Angular Position, Speed Transducers
4. Speed And Torque Control of a DC-Motor
5. Dc-Motor Supplied From an AC Power Grid
6. Dc-Motor Supplied From a DC Source
7. Speed- and (or) Torque-Control of Three-Phase Asynchronous Motor
8. Electronic Control of Appliance Motors, Switched Reluctance Motor, Synchronous Three-Phase Motor, Induction Servo Motor
9. Electrical Positioning Systems
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 11th September 2017
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr.ing. Jean Pollefliet is the author of several best-selling (Dutch) textbooks in Flanders and The Netherlands in the fields of Electronic Power Control, Power electronics and Process techniques and Engineering. Having spent 22 years teaching Engineering Masters degrees at Ghent engineering school, Dr. Pollefliet’s focus was on teaching automation, drive technology and motion control to industrial engineers (master degree).
University College Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.