Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Power Electronics and Motor Drives: Advances and Trends, Second Edition is the perfect resource to keep the electrical engineer up-to-speed on the latest advancements in technologies, equipment and applications. Carefully structured to include both traditional topics for entry-level and more advanced applications for the experienced engineer, this reference sheds light on the rapidly growing field of power electronic operations. New content covers converters, machine models and new control methods such as fuzzy logic and neural network control. This reference will help engineers further understand recent technologies and gain practical understanding with its inclusion of many industrial applications.
Further supported by a glossary per chapter, this book gives engineers and researchers a critical reference to learn from real-world examples and make future decisions on power electronic technology and applications.
- Provides many practical examples of industrial applications
- Updates on the newest electronic topics with content added on fuzzy logic and neural networks
- Presents information from an expert with decades of research and industrial experience
Power electronic engineers; R&D engineers; field engineers; graduate-level electrical engineering students; electrical engineering researchers
1. Energy, Environment and Power Electronics - a General Introduction
2. Power Semiconductor Devices
3. Phase-Controlled Converters and Cycloconverters
4. Voltage- Source Converters
5. Current-Fed Converters
6. Electrical Machines for Variable-Speed Drives
7. Induction Motor Drives
8. Synchronous Motor Drives
9. Computer Simulation and Digital Control
10. Expert System and Applications
11. Fuzzy Logic and Applications
12. Neural Networks and Applications
13. Some Questions and Answers
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 18th November 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Bimal K. Bose (Life Fellow, IEEE) is currently Emeritus Professor in the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, where he has been Endowed Chair Professor (Condra Chair of Excellence) from 1987-2003. Prior to this, he was a research engineer at General Electric Corporate Research and Development (now GE Global Research Center), and faculty member at various universities. He has authored or edited eight books, published more than 200 papers, and holds 21 U.S. patents. He is a recipient of a number of awards and honors that include the IEEE Power Electronics Society William E. Newell Award and the IEEE Millennium Medal. He is Member of the US National Academy of Engineering.
Emeritus Professor, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.