Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Pounder’s Marine Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines, Tenth Edition, gives engineering cadets, marine engineers, ship operators and managers insights into currently available engines and auxiliary equipment and trends for the future. This new edition introduces new engine models that will be most commonly installed in ships over the next decade, as well as the latest legislation and pollutant emissions procedures. Since publication of the last edition in 2009, a number of emission control areas (ECAs) have been established by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) in which exhaust emissions are subject to even more stringent controls. In addition, there are now rules that affect new ships and their emission of CO2 measured as a product of cargo carried.
- Provides the latest emission control technologies, such as SCR and water scrubbers
- Contains complete updates of legislation and pollutant emission procedures
- Includes the latest emission control technologies and expands upon remote monitoring and control of engines
Those involved with commercial maritime transport (ownership, operation and regulation of ships): Chief Engineers, Marine Engineers, Marine Superintendents, Marine Surveyors, Purchasing officers, Students, Researchers, Maritime regulators/legislators
- International Regulation affecting Marine Engines
2. Theory and General Principles
3. Dual-Fuel and Gas Engines
4. Exhaust Emissions and Control
5. Fuels and Lubes: Chemistry and Treatment
7. Engine and Plant Selection
9. Fuel Injection
10. Waste Heat Recovery
11. Low-Speed Engines - Introduction
12. MAN B and W Low-Speed Engines
13. Japanese Diesel (Mitsubishi) Low-Speed Engines
14. Winterthur Gas and Diesel Engines
15. Wärtsilä (Sulzer) Low-Speed Engines
16. Other Low-Speed Engines
17. Medium-Speed Engines - Introduction
18. ABC Engines
24. MAN Diesel
28. Other Medium-Speed Engines
29. Low-Speed Four-Stroke Trunk Piston Engines
30. High-Speed Engines
31. Gas Turbines
32. Engine room Safety Matters and Regulation
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2021
- 7th December 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Malcolm Latarche’s main career in shipping has been heavily involved with ship agency, shipbroking and ship management. This gave him the opportunity to handle all types of vessels from general cargo, bulk carriers, tankers, container and ro-ro vessels as well as passenger and cruise ships. He is currently involved in Education and Examination activities, teaching and testing the future generations of shipbrokers and has authored course manuals for the subjects of Port Agency, Ship Operations and Management and Dry Cargo Chartering. He was the editor of Fairplay Solutions from 2001 to December 2012 and has enjoyed a freelance career since 2013, writing for a number of titles on a variety of technical and operational subjects.
Freelance Journalist and former editor of Fairplay Solutions (monthly shipping technical magazine). Lead editor ShipInsight Guides (www.shipinsight.com), Norfolk, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.