Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Postharvest Technology of Perishable Horticultural Commodities describes all the postharvest techniques and technologies available to handle perishable horticultural food commodities. It includes basic concepts and important new advances in the subject. Adopting a thematic style, chapters are organized by type of treatment, with sections devoted to postharvest risk factors and their amelioration. Written by experts from around the world, the book provides core insights into identifying and utilizing appropriate postharvest options for maximum results.
- Presents the most recent developments in processing technologies in a single volume
- Includes a wide range of perishable products, thus allowing for translational insight
- Appropriate for students and professionals
- Written by experts as a reference resource
Undergraduate and postgraduate students, lecturers and researchers, as well as all professionals related to the handling of horticultural food commodities
Elhadi M. Yahia
2. Postharvest losses and waste
Elhadi M. Yahia, Jorge M. Fonseca, Lisa Kitinoja
3. Classification of horticultural commodities
Elhadi M. Yahia
4. Preharvest Factors Affecting Postharvest Quality
Elhadi M. Yahia, Alfonso Gardea-Béjar, José de Jesús Ornelas-Paz, Irma O. Maya-Meraz, Maria J. Rodriguez-Roque, Claudio Rios-Velasco, Juan Ornelas-Paz, Miguel A. Salas-Marina
5. Harvesting of horticultural commodities
Mustafa Erkan, Adem Dogan
Atef Elansari, Donald L. Fenton, Christopher W. Callahan
Donald L. Fenton, Christopher W. Callahan, Atef Elansari
Christopher W. Callahan, Atef Elansari, Donald L. Fenton
9. Packing Operations
Ahmed Ait-Oubahou, Jeffrey K. Brecht, Elhadi M. Yahia
10. Minimal Processing
G.R. Velderrain-Rodríguez, G.M. López-Gámez, J. Abraham Dominguez-Avila, G.A. González-Aguilar, R. Solivia-Fortuny, J.F. Ayala-Zavala
Ahmed Ait-Oubahou, Z.A. Nur Hanani, B. Jamilah
12. Storage Systems
Atef Elansari, Elhadi M. Yahia, Wasim Siddiqui
13. Controlled atmosphere Storage
Elhadi M. Yahia, Livio Fadanelli, Pierluigi Matte, Jeffrey K. Brecht
14. Ethylene technology
Jeffrey K. Brecht
15. Physiological disorders and their control
Elhadi M. Yahia, Armando Carrillo-López, Adriana Saduno
16. Postharvest insects and their control
Elhadi M. Yahia, Lisa G. Neven, Robert W. Jones
17. Irradiation of Fruits and Vegetables
Anuradha Prakash, José de Jesús Ornelas-Paz
18. Temperature-Controlled Transport for Air, Land, and Sea
Patrick E. Brecht, Jeffrey K. Brecht, and Jorge E. Saenz
19. Utilization and management of horticultural waste
M. Gloria Lobo and E. Dorta
20. Analysis and control in postharvest operations
Livio Fadanelli, Pierluigui Matte and Elhadi M. Yahia
21. Biotechnology of horticultural commodities
Verónica- Alhelí Ochoa-Jiménez, Julio-César Tafolla-Arellano, Guillermo Berumen-Varela, Martín-Ernesto Tiznado-Hernández
22. General recommendations
Elhadi M. Yahia
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 17th July 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elhadi Yahia is a Professor in the Faculty of Natural Sciences at the Autonomous University of Querétaro, Mexico, and is a consultant to several organizations including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Food Logistics Organization (WFLO), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro, Mexico
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.