Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Polyurethane Polymers: Composites and Nanocomposites concentrates on the composites and nanocomposites of polyurethane based materials. Polyurethane composites are a very important class of materials widely used in the biomedical and industrial field that offer numerous potential applications in many areas. This book discusses current research and identifies future research needs in the area.
- Provides an elaborate coverage of the chemistry of polyurethane, its synthesis, and properties
- Includes available characterization techniques
- Relates types of polyurethanes to their potential properties
- Discusses composites, nanocomposites options, and PU recycling
Graduates and postgraduates, engineers, research scholars (primarily in the field of chemical engineering, polymer chemistry, material science, and polymer physics), polymer engineers and polymer technologists from industries and also for those who are working in biomedical field. Professionals, researchers, industrial practitioners, graduate students, and senior undergraduates in the fields of polymer science, surface science, bioengineering and chemical engineering, and materials science
- PU Polymers, Their Composites, and Nanocomposites: State of the Art and New Challenges
Józef T. Haponiuk and Krzysztof Formela
2. Micro- and Nanomechanics of PU Polymer-Based Composites and Nanocomposites
Aruna K. Barick
3. Engineering of Interface in Nanocomposites Based on PU Polymers
4. Nanocomposites of PU Polymers Filled With Spherical Fillers
S. Mojtaba Mirabedini and Khosrow Khodabakhshi
5. Polyurethane Nanocomposites of Layered Silicates
Dinesh K. Patel, Arun K. Mahanta and Pralay Maiti
6. Nanocomposites of Polyurethane Filled with CNTs
Niladri Sarkar, Gyanaranjan Sahoo and Sarat K. Swain
7. Composites and Nanocomposites of PU Polymers Filled With POSS Fillers
Hossein Yahyaei and Mohsen Mohseni
8. Composites and Nanocomposites of PU Polymers Filled with Natural Fibers and Their Nanofibers
Khosrow Khodabakhshi and S. Mojtaba Mirabedini
9. Polyurethane Nanocomposite Foams: Correlation Between Nanofillers, Porous Morphology, and Structural and Functional Properties
Letizia Verdolotti, Maria R. Di Caprio, Marino Lavorgna and Giovanna G. Buonocore
10. Nanocomposites of PU Polymers with Nano Chitin and Nano Starch
11. Self-Healing Properties of PU and PU Nanocomposites
Qiuhong Zhang, Li Wang and Xudong Jia
12. Conducting Polyurethane Composites
Raghvendra K. Mishra, Jiji Abraham, Kuruvilla Joseph, Karingamanna Jayanarayanan, Nandakumar Kalarikkal and Sabu Thomas
13. Nonlinear Viscoelastic Properties of Polyurethane Nanocomposites
14. Vegetable Oil-Derived Polyurethane Composites with Graphite as Electrode Materials for Electroanalysis
Priscila Cervini and Éder T.G. Cavalheiro
15. Modeling and Simulation in PU-Based Composites and Nanocomposites
16. Polyurethane Composites and Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications
Jinlian Hu and Lin Tan
17. Flame Retardancy of Composites and Nanocomposites Based on PU Polymers
Metehan Atagür, Sibel Demirog˘ lu and M. Özgür Seydibeyog˘ lu
18. Polyurethane-Based Biocomposites
Mohd Radzi Ali, Mohd Sapuan Salit, Mohammad Jawaid, Muhd Ridzuan Mansur and Mohd Fairuz Abd Manap
19. Aging Behavior of Composite- and Nanocomposite-Based Polyurethane
Alpesh U. Vala, Ajay V. Rane, Krishnan Kanny, Vayyaprontavida K. Abitha and Sabu Thomas
20. Applications of Polyurethane Based Composites and Nanocomposites
Ajay V. Rane, Krishnan Kanny, Vayyaprontavida K. Abitha, Sainath Jadhav, Saket Mulge and Sabu Thomas
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 24th August 2017
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sabu Thomas is Vice-Chancellor and Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is the author or coauthor of over 1000 papers that have been cited over 47k times, holds 3 patents, has supervised over 100 PhDs, and has authored or edited over 100 books. His research interests include polymer blends, fiber filled polymer composites, particulate filled polymer composites, ageing and degradation, and more.
Prof. Datta is a well famous scientist in the field of polymer science and technology. He is an expert in the field of polyurethane recycling, polymer blending and composites. He has a good number of research publications in reputed journals. He is the editor of a book and written two book chapters.He is having ten patents to his credit. He is undertaking more than twenty projects. He secured his graduation and post graduation from Gdansk University, Poland and is currently working as an Asst. Professor in the same university. He supervised two PhD students and more than thirty post graduate students.
Department of Polymers Technology, Gdansk University of Technology, Gdansk, Poland
Jozef Haponiuk is Professor and Head of the Polymers Technology Department at Gdansk University of Technology, Poland. His research focuses on the fields of polymer composites and polymer blends.
Professor, Head of Department, Department of Polymers Technology, Gdansk University of Technology, Gdansk, Poland
Arunima is currently doing her doctoral research in polymer science in the International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University. She has concentrated on polymer blends with recycled polyurethanes. She has Co authored a book chapter and is actively engaged in research in the group of Prof. Sabu Thomas.
International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanosciences and Nanotechnology (IIUCNN), Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarshini Hills, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.