Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part I General Introduction
1. Introduction to Polymeric Gels
Part II (Polymeric Gels: synthesis, properties and characterization)
2. Natural Polymeric Gels: Polysaccharide- based
3. Natural Polymeric Gels: Protein- Based
4. Synthetic Polymeric Gels
5. Semi IPNs and IPNs Based Hydrogels
6. Entrapment of essential oils in hydrogels for biomedical applications
7. Particle - loaded Gels
8. Smart Polymeric Gels
12. Synthesis and biomedical applications of filled hydrogels"
Part III (Applications)
13. Polymeric Gels for Tissue Engineering Applications
14. Polymeric Gels for Controlled Drug Delivery Applications
15. Antimicrobial Polymeric Gels
16. Polymeric Gels for Wound Dressing Applications
17. Polymeric Gels for Diagnostics Applications
18. Polymeric Gels for Cell Encapsulation Applications
Part IV (Recent Advances)
19. Rapid-Prototyping of the Polymeric Gels
20. Magnetic Gels
21. Conducting Polymeric Gels21. Conducting Polymeric Gels
22. Polymeric gels for Biosensing applications
23. Polymeric gels for cartilage tissue engineering
Polymeric Gels: Characterization, Properties and Biomedical Applications covers the fundamentals and applications of polymeric gels. Particular emphasis is given to their synthesis, properties and characteristics, with topics such as natural, synthetic, and smart polymeric gels, medical applications, and advancements in conductive and magnetic gels presented. The book covers the basics and applications of hydrogels, providing readers with a comprehensive guide on the types of polymeric gels used in the field of biomedical engineering.
- Provides guidance for decisions on the suitability and appropriateness of a synthetic route and characterization technique for particular polymeric networks
- Analyzes and compares experimental data
- Presents in-depth information on the physical properties of polymeric gels using mathematical models
- Uses an interdisciplinary approach to discuss potential new applications for both established polymeric gels and recent advances
Materials scientists, biomedical engineers, and researchers working in the fields of tissue engineering, wound healing, controlled drug delivery, biosensors, implants, diagnostics and contact lenses
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 22nd June 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Kunal Pal is Professor-in-Charge of the Medical Electronics and Instrumentation Laboratory, in the Department of Biotechnology and Medical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India.
Professor-in-Charge, Medical Electronics and Instrumentation Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology and Medical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India
Prof. Indranil Banerjee did his Ph. D. in Biotechnology (Tissue Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India in the year 2011. Presently, is holding the position of an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology and Medical Engineering at National Institute of Technology- Rourkela. He is the Professor-in-Charge of the Bioprocess Laboratory and Biomicrofludics Laboratory. His group is actively involved in understanding the cell physiology in response to biomaterials developed on a length scale (nano to macro). He was a visiting scientist in Maxplanck Institute of Intelligent System, Germany. Dr. Banerjee has authored 35 SCI cited publications in various journals of repute with a total citation of more than 450. He is also serving as industrial consultant.
Department of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.