Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Polymer Science and Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Applications brings together the latest advances in polymer science and nanoscience. Sections explain the fundamentals of polymer science, including key aspects and methods in terms of molecular structure, synthesis, characterization, microstructure, phase structure and processing and properties before discussing the materials of particular interest and utility for novel applications, such as hydrogels, natural polymers, smart polymers and polymeric biomaterials. The second part of the book examines essential techniques in nanotechnology, with an emphasis on the utilization of advanced polymeric materials in the context of nanoscience.
Throughout the book, chapters are prepared so that materials and products can be geared towards specific applications. Two chapters cover, in detail, major application areas, including fuel and solar cells, tissue engineering, drug and gene delivery, membranes, water treatment and oil recovery.
- Presents the latest applications of polymers and polymeric nanomaterials, across energy, biomedical, pharmaceutical, and environmental fields
- Contains detailed coverage of polymer nanocomposites, polymer nanoparticles, and hybrid polymer-metallic nanoparticles
- Supports an interdisciplinary approach, enabling readers from different disciplines to understand polymer science and nanotechnology and the interface between them
Academic: Advanced students, researchers and scientists looking to combine polymeric materials and nanotechnology from other disciplines (chemistry and chemical engineering, physics, civil and mechanical engineering, manufacturing, biomedical engineering, pharmaceuticals, environmental science, textiles, other areas of nanotechnology or materials science). Industry: Engineers, designers, technologists, quality controllers and researchers, approaching the design and manufacture of polymeric materials or products involving the use of nanotechnology, as well as non-technical employees within the polymer industry
1. Brief Overview of Polymer Science
2. Molecular Structure of Polymers
3. Polymer Synthesis
4. Polymer Characterization
5. Polymer Microstructure
6. Copolymers and Phase Structure
7. Polymer Processing
8. Thermal, Mechanical, and Electrical Properties
10. Natural Polymers
11. Polymer Micro and Nanoparticles Synthesis
12. Smart Polymers
13. Polymeric Biomaterials
14. Applications of Polymeric Materials
15. Nanoscience and Polymer Nanocomposites
16. Physical and Chemical Properties of Nanomaterials
17. Nanomaterials Synthesis
18. Nanomaterials Characterization
19. Applications of Nanomaterials
20. At the Interface between Polymer Science and Nanoscience
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st June 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Ravin Narain PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering at the University of Alberta. He has published more than 100 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
Associate Professor, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada