Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introduction: different types of smart materials and their practical applications
- Role of characterization techniques in evaluating the material properties of nanoparticle-based polymer materials
- Self-healing based on composites and nanocomposites materials: from synthesis to application and modeling
- Thermochromic composite materials: synthesis, properties and applications
- Piezoelectric polymer films: synthesis, applications, and modeling
- Shape memory based on composites and nanocomposites materials: from synthesis to application
- Self-assembling smart materials for biomaterials applications
- Electroactive polymer composites and applications
- Polymer nanocomposites smart materials for energy applications
- Smart materials for medical applications
- Smart composite materials for civil engineering applications
- Molecularly imprinted polymer for water contaminants
Polymer Nanocomposite-Based Smart Materials: From Synthesis to Application provides a broad, comprehensive review on all major categories of smart materials and their preparation routes. The main application fields and properties for these diverse types of smart polymer-based composite and nanocomposite materials are also discussed. Chapters on modeling methods and simulation look at the physical or chemical change response that is introduced by the effect of changing environmental conditions such as pH, temperature, mechanical force and light. Written by scholars and experts from around the globe, the book covers key aspects, such as synthesis, processing and applications of polymer and nanocomposite-based smart materials.
- Features a board range of different polymer nanocomposites-based smart materials
- Contains coverage of synthesis applications as well as experimental, modeling and theoretical results
- Includes comprehensive coverage on preparation and testing methods
Academic and industrial researchers working in the development of smart materials, materials scientists, nanotechnologists and PhD students
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 20th May 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Rachid Bouhfid is Senior Researcher, Moroccan Foundation for Advance Science, Innovation and Research, Morocco. His research is mainly in the field of organic synthesis of new amphiphilic molecules in order to use as modifier of inorganic fillers and the development of new polymeric nanocomposites based on clay and nanoclay, graphene and nanocellulose.
Moroccan Foundation for Advance Science, Innovation and Research, Rabat, Morocco
Abou el kacem Qaiss is Director of polymer processing Laboratory, Institute of Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (Nanotech), Rabat, Morocco. His area of research interests includes Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends.
Institute of Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (Nanotech), Rabat, Morocco
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as High Flyer Fellow (Professor) at Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia, and also has been Visiting Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He has more than 16 years of experience in teaching, research, and industries. His area of research interests includes hybrid composites, lignocellulosic reinforced/filled polymer composites, advance materials: graphene/nanoclay/fire retardant, modification and treatment of lignocellulosic fibers and solid wood, biopolymers and biopolymers for packaging applications, nanocomposites and nanocellulose fibers, and polymer blends.
High Flyer Fellow (Professor) at Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.