Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Polymer-Based Smart Composites for Optoelectronic and Energy Applications explains how polymer-based smart composites and nanocomposites can be prepared and utilized for novel optical, sensor and energy-related applications. The book begins with an introductory section on the fundamentals of smart polymer composites, including structure-property relationships and conjugated polymers. Other sections examine optical applications, including the use of polymer-based smart composites for luminescent solar concentrators, electro-chromic applications, light conversion applications, ultraviolet shielding applications, LED encapsulation applications, sensor applications, including gas-sensing, strain sensing, robotics and tactile sensors, with final sections covering energy-related applications, including energy harvesting, conversion, storage, vibrational energy harvesting, and more.
This is an essential guide for researchers, scientists and advanced students in smart polymers and materials, polymer science, composites, nanocomposites, electronics and materials science. It is also a valuable book for scientists, R&D professionals and engineers working with products that could utilize smart polymer composites.
- Provides thorough coverage of the latest pioneering research in the field of polymer-based smart composites
- Offers an applications-oriented approach, enabling the reader to understand state-of-the-art optical, sensor and energy applications
- Includes an in-depth introductory section, covering important aspects such as structure-property relationships and the role of conjugated polymers
Researchers, scientists, and advanced students, in smart polymers and materials, polymer science, composites and nanocomposites, electronics, and materials science; scientists, R&D professionals, designers, and engineers, working with products that could utilize smart polymer composites
1. Introduction to polymer based smart composites and/or nanocomposites
2. Structure - Property Relationship in Conjugated Polymer Composites and Nanocomposites for Opto-electronic and energy applications
3. Metal oxide nanofillers induced changes in opto-electronic properties and related applications of polymer composites
4. Polymer Based Smart Composites for Luminescence Applications
5. Electro-active Polymer Composites for Opto-electronic Applications
6. Polymer based smart composites for ultraviolet shielding applications
7. Polymer Based Smart Materials as Tactile Sensors for Bio-medical Applications
8. Polymer composites for gas-sensing applications
9. Conjugated Polymer Based Composites for Energy Applications
10. Polymer Nanocomposites for Energy-Related Applications
11. Recent Advancements in Conjugated Polymers for Lithium ion Batteries and Super capacitor Applications
12. Polymer Based Composites and Nanocomposites for Large Area Strain Sensor
13. Polymer composites for energy harvesting, conversion and storage
14. High Refractive Index Hybrid Polymers for OLED Encapsulation
15. Stacking, Conjugated, Heterocyclic Polymer Supported Carbon (CNT/GO/C₆₀) Nanocomposite Materials for Opto-Electronics Application
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st June 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Siddaramaiah has over 20 years of research experience in materials science, and his research interests include polymer blends, polyurethanes, polymer composites, nanocomposites for solar or energy storage applications, tribological properties of polymers, fractured toughness, molecular transport, and biopolymers for drug delivery. He has authored more than 300 research articles in reputed journals, over 260 conference papers, 12 book chapters, 4 review articles, and one book, as well as co-authoring 2 Indian patents. Dr. Siddaramaiah has earned several awards during his career, including the KAAS Young Scientist Award in Chemical Science (1997), the KSCST Sir CV Raman Young Scientist Award in Chemical Technology (1999), and the Plastindia Foundation’s Silver Trophy Plasticon Award (2012), and was also awarded runner-up of the 6th National Award for Technology Innovation 2015-16 in Innovation in Polymeric Products from the Government of India. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chemists (FIC), an Executive Member of the Indian Rubber Institute, Life Member of ISTE, and Life Member and Hon. Secretary of the Indian Plastic Institute in Mysore, India.
Professor and Head, Department of Polymer Science and Technology, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, India
Dr. Subramani is currently Assistant Professor of Chemistry at The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, India. His specialist areas include the synthesis of nanostructured materials for effluent treatment, polymer composites/nanocomposites for energy storage applications, UV shielding polymeric coatings, luminescent down converting layers for solar cell applications, polymer solar cells, piezoelectric polymeric films, and green packaging materials. Dr. Subramani has authored more than 40 research articles in reputed international journals, 3 book chapters, and 45 conference papers.
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore, India
Prof. Joong Hee Lee is the Head of the Department of BIN Convergence Technology, and the Director of the Advanced Materials Institute for BIN Covergence Technology, at Chonbuk National University, Republic of Korea. Prof. Lee received his Ph D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Minnesota, USA, in 1995. He has more than 26 years of research experience in composite and nanocomposite materials, with particularly areas of interest across graphene synthesis and applications, polymeric nanocomposites, processing technology, functional composites and nanocomposites, and hydrogen and fuel cells. Prof. Lee’s current research is focused on the synthesis of new nanomaterials for energy conversion/storage and sensor applications. He has published more than 300 papers, authored several patents, and established the Korea Composite Research Co. Ltd., which has become one of the leading companies in composite materials in Korea. Prof. Lee has received numerous awards, including the Best Scientist and Engineer Award of the Month in Korea and the Knowledge Creation Grand Award from the Ministry of Science and ICT of Korea. He has also received the best research professor award consecutively for last 8 years at Chonbuk National University. Prof. Lee is currently a Fellow of both the Korean Academy of Science and Technology and the National Academy of Engineering of Korea. He is also the Vice President of the Korean Society of Composite Materials and the Principal Vice President of the Korean Society of Hydrogen and New Energy.
Professor and Head, Department of BIN Convergence Technology, Graduate School, Chonbuk National University, Republic of Korea