1. Introduction of polymer based nanocomposites
2. Survey of polymer based nanocomposites
3. Polymer based nanocomposites for significantly enhanced dielectric properties and energy storage capability
4. Graphene based nanocomposites for Energy and Environmental applications
5. Polymer based nanocomposites for significantly enhanced dielectric properties and energy storage capability
6. Polymer nanocomposites for energy storage devices
7. Polymer nanocomposites for sensor devices
8. Polyaniline-based nanocomposites for hydrogen storage
9. Properties and Applications of Polymer nanocomposite materials in energy storage
10. Polymer nanocomposites for lithium battery applications
11. Modification of Polymer Nanocomposites and Significance of Ionic Liquid for Supercapacitors Application
12. Composite Carbon Nanofibers for Na-ion Batteries
13. Nanofibrous Composites in Sensitized Solar Cells
14. Development of polymer nanocomposites using cellulose/silver for Antifouling applications
15. Nanocomposites membrane for environmental remediation
16. Polymer bionanocomposites for heavy metal removal
17. Polypyrrole-Based nanocomposite adsorbent and its applications in removal of radioactive materials,
18. Polymer nanocomposites application in sorption processes for removal of environmental contaminants
19. Hybrid materials based on polymer nanocomposites for environmental applications
20. Recent Advances in Nanofibrous Composite Air Filters
21. Polymer nanocomposites for water treatments
22. Recent Advances in Polyaniline based nanocomposites as Potential Adsorbents for trace metal ions
23. Green polymer nanocomposites and their environmental applications
24. CNT Nanocomposites for Wind Turbine Applications
The synthesis of polymer-based nanocomposites is one of the major advancements in polymer-based materials. It has developed as a subject of prodigious interest over the last few decades. The simple synthesis, nanoscale dimensions, biodegradable character, high aspect ratio, light weight, cost effectiveness, and sustainability aspects have all established a drive for these types of materials. Nanocomposites are novel materials with significantly enhanced properties owing to the integration of a small amount (< 5 wt. %) of nanoparticles, such as metal nanoparticles, metal oxides nanostructures, carbon nanostructures such as carbon nanotubes, graphene and graphene oxide into a polymer matrix.
Presently, there are no restrictions to their potential applications, although their main application is related to advanced materials, used for energy and environment. This is mainly because of the synergistic effect between the polymer matrix and other material that produces nanocomposites with high catalytic, mechanical, electrical and electronic properties.
This book provides a comprehensive and updated review of major innovations in the field of polymer-based nanocomposites for energy and environmental applications and will be an essential reference for future research in polymer based nanocomposites, which is much in demand due to sustainable, recyclable, and eco-friendly methods for highly innovative and applied materials.
The present book is written by leading experts from around the globe. It covers properties and applications, including synthesis of polymer based nanocomposites from different sources, efficacy and major challenges for successful scale-up fabrication. The chapters provide cutting-edge up-to-date research findings on the use of polymer based nanocomposites in energy and environmental applications and how to achieve material’s characteristics and significant enhancements in physical, chemical, mechanical, and thermal properties.
- A wide range of research on polymer based nanocomposites is collected in a single volume with the emphasis on outstanding performance
- Updates about the most relevant polymer based nanocomposites and their prodigious potential to be applied in the field of energy and environment
- Demonstrates systematic approaches and investigations from design, synthesis, characterization and applications of polymer based nanocomposites in order to establish their important relationship with the end-user applications
- Will become a useful reference and technical guide for university academics and postgraduate students (Masters and Ph.D.), R & D sectors, and industrialists working in material’s commercialization
Chemical and material engineering especially nanocomposite materials, Polymer science and engineering, Material processing and characterization, Energy, Environment
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 9th March 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mohammad Mansoob Khan is working as a Professor (Senior Assistant), at the Chemical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam. He earned his Ph.D. (Chemistry) from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. Dr. Khan has more than 15 years of teaching and research experience and has worked in different countries (India, Ethiopia, Oman, and South Korea) and taught various courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Currently, Dr. Khan is working in the cutting edge area of nanochemistry, nanosciences and nanotechnology especially in the field of synthesis of inorganic nanohybrid materials such as polymer, metal, metal oxide nanocomposites and band gap engineering of nanomaterials. Potential applications of synthesized nanomaterials include H2 production, solar cells, environmental remediation, photocatalysis, photoelectrodes, optoelectronic devices, capacitors and sensors. Dr. Khan has published more than 65 research and review articles in international journals of repute, 5 book chapters and 2 edited books. He also has 4 patents in his credit. Dr. Khan is in the editorial board member of several international journals as well as books and an active reviewer of dozens of high impact peer reviewed international journals.
Professor (Senior Assistant), Chemical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam