Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxane (POSS) Polymer Nanocomposites: From Synthesis to Applications offers extensive coverage of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes and their nanocomposites, including their synthesis, characterization, interfacial interactions and advanced applications. Sections introduce essentials, information on their preparation and discussions on polymeric materials, including elastomers, thermoplastics, thermosetting polymers, polymer blends and IPNs. Further sections cover the latest analysis techniques, examine the properties of POSS-polymer nanocomposites, and discuss key application areas, such as biological, energy, defense, and space. Finally, issues surrounding industry implementation and lifecycle are explored.
This is a valuable reference for researchers, scientists and advanced students in the areas of polymer composites and nanocomposites, polymer chemistry, polymer physics, polymer science, and materials science and engineering. In an industrial setting, this book will be of great interest to scientists, R&D professionals, and engineers across industries and disciplines.
- Covers all aspects of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes (POSS) and their nanocomposites, including synthesis and characterization techniques, properties, analysis, applications and trends
- Targets POSS nanocomposites, describing synthesis, characterization and the selection of POSS filler types according to polymeric material
- Explains the preparation and utilization of POSS polymer nanocomposites for cutting-edge applications, including biological, energy, and defense field applications
Academic: Researchers, scientists and advanced students in polymer composites and nanocomposites, polymer chemistry, polymer physics, polymer science, and materials science and engineering. Industry: Scientists, R&D professionals, and engineers across industries and disciplines, looking to utilize POSS-based nanocomposites in a range of advanced applications
1. POSS nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization and properties
2. Manufacturing of POSS-polymer nanocomposites
3. Interface modification of POSS-polymer nanocomposites
4. POSS-general purpose elastomer nanocomposites
5. POSS-special purpose elastomer nanocomposites
6. POSS-amorphous thermoplastic nanocomposites
7. POSS-crystalline thermoplastic nanocomposites
8. POSS – thermosetting polymer nanocomposites
9. POSS in polymer blends
10. POSS based IPN nanocomposites
11. POSS based hybrid nanocomposites
12. Morphological analysis of POSS-polymer nanocomposites
13. Spectroscopic analysis of POSS-polymer nanocomposites
14. Scattering studies of POSS nanocomposites
15. Polymer-POSS hybrid materials as flame retardants
16. Dielectric properties of POSS-polymer nanocomposites
17. Rheological properties of POSS nanocomposites
18. Mechanical and dynamic mechanical properties of POSS nanocomposites
19. Transport properties of POSS nanocomposites
20. Surface properties of POSS nanocomposites
21. POSS nanocomposites for biological applications
22. Applications of POSS-nanocomposites in energy field
23. POSS nanocomposites for defence and space applications
24. Industrial scale-up: Lab to commercial-scale manufacturing of POSS composites
25. Ageing and life cycle analysis of POSS nanocomposites
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st April 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Prof. Sabu Thomas is currently the Vice Chancellor and Full Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India. His ground-breaking research has covered the areas of polymer science and engineering, polymer nanocomposites, elastomers, polymer blends, interpenetrating polymer networks, polymer membranes, green composites and nanocomposites, nanomedicine and green nanotechnology. Prof. Thomas has received several national and international awards in recognition of his work, and recently received Honoris Causa (DSc) from the University of South Brittany, Lorient, France, in recognition for his contributions to polymer science and engineering. Prof. Thomas has published over 750 peer-reviewed research papers, reviews and book chapters, has co-edited multiple books, and has 5 patents to his name.
International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India
Dr. Lakshmipriya Somasekharan got her PhD from IIUCNN, Mahatma Gandhi University with a UGC-JRF fellowship. Her interest is in the preparation and characterisation of polymer nanocomposites, with a research focus on POSS natural rubber nanocomposites, synthesis of POSS nanoparticles and its hybrids with other nanofillers, and preparation and characterisation of nanocomposites with elastomers.
PhD, IIUCNN, Mahatma Gandhi University with a UGC-JRF fellowship
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.