Pollution Control Technology for Leahate From Municipal Solid Waste explores the physical, chemical, and biological factors that produce leachate and technological solutions for its control. The book introduces integrated and pre-treatment leachate treatment processes which are necessary to deal with the variations of pollutants in leachate. Real world case-studies are provided to illustrate these treatment processes as well as leachate treatment engineering processes design and construction of municipal solid waste incinerator power plants.
The book will be of particular interest to Civil, Chemical and Environmental Engineers, as well as Environmental Scientists of sorts.
- Provides quantity and quality prediction models, and properties of effluent concentrated leachate liquid
- Physical and chemical treatment processes for leachate are provided including: ammonia nitrogen removal using struvite precipitation, crystal variation and microstructure of the struvite etc.
- Covers Leachate treatment engineering processes for design and construction of treatment plants
Civil Engineers and Environmental Engineers, Chemical Engineers, and Environmental Scientists
- Leachate generation and characteristics
2. Physical and chemical treatment processes for leachate
3. Biological treatment processes for leachate and physical and chemical treatment processes for its effluents
4. Irrigation of diluted leachate for plants growth
5. Leachate treatment engineering processes
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2019
- 1st September 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
Zhao Youcai was born on 11 July 1963 in Fujian Province, China, and has served as Professor of Environmental Engineering at the School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tongji University since 1995. He received his bachelor degree from the Department of Chemistry, Sichuan University in 1984, followed by a Ph.D. from the Institute of Chemical Metallurgy (now the Institute of Process Engineering), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, in 1990. He has authored or co-authored over 98 journal publications. His research interests include municipal solid wastes landfill and incineration, waste recycling and reuse, sewage sludge dewatering and sanitary landfill, anaerobic digestion of organic wastes, bio-hydrogen production, cleaner production of zinc, hydrometallurgical treatment of electric arc furnace dust and MSW incinerator fly ash, and treatment of electric and electronic devices and appliances.
Professor of Environmental Engineering, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tongji University