Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Policy Issues in Genetically Modified Crops: Global Policies and Perspectives contains both theoretical and empirical evidence of a broad range of aspects of GM crop policies throughout the world. Emphasizing world agriculture production and ethics of GM crops, the book balances insights into the various discussions around the use of GM crops, including soil health, effects on animals, environmental sustainability impact and ethical issues. This book will be useful for researchers in agricultural policy and economics, agricultural biotechnology, soil science, genetic engineering, ethics, environmental management, sustainable development and NGOs.
- Discusses ethics, varieties, research trends, and success stories of genetic modification
- Includes both crop production and human health impacts
- Compares and contrasts GM policies from around the world
Policy makers, researchers in multi-national seed companies, those working in agricultural economics, agricultural biotechnology, soil science, genetic engineering, ethics, environmental management, sustainable development. NGOs
Section 1: Genetically modified crops: Policies and politics
1. Genetically Modified Crops and Agricultural Innovation: An Analysis of Law and Policy
Kshitij Kumar Singh
2. GMO Policies and Practices: A Global Overview with Special Focus on Turkey
Erdogan Güneş, Hormoz Movassaghi, Fahri Unsal, Nurdan Tuna Güneş Güneş
3. Status and policies of GM crops in Russia
Vasiliy Chokheli, Vishnu Rajput, Pavel Dmitriev, Tatiana Varduny, Tatiana Minkina, Rupesh Kumar Singh, Abhishek Singh
4. GM Crops in India: Politics, Policies and Political Economy
5. Genetically Modified Crops and Intellectual Property Rights: Indian Scenario
Manoj Kumar Singh, Anand Vikram Singh, Pooja Jaiswal, Sandeep Kumar Singh, Ajay Kumar
Section 2: Genetically modified crops and global food security
6. Contribution of Genetically Modified Crops in Agricultural Production: Success Stories
Allah Bakhsh, Irem Aycan Sırel, Rabia Busenaz Kaya, Ilkay Hilal Ataman, Shakhnozakhan Tillaboeva, Betül Ayça Dönmez, Binnur Yeşil, Ilknur Yel, Merve Tekinsoy, Esra Duru
7. Genetically Modified Crops changing the Food Insecurity Landscape of the Undernourished Regions of the World
Saurabh Verma, Sangeeta Saxena
8. Impact of GM Crops on Agriculture Production: A Positive Reflection through Success Stories
9. GM Crops as a food Security solution
Girish H.V., Murali, M., Hemanth kumar, N.K., Brijesh Singh, S. Shobha Jagannath, Sudarshana, M. S.
Section 3: Genetically modified crops and sustainability in agriculture
10. Genetically modified crops and climate change adaptation
Suruchi Singh, Madhoolika Agrawal and Shashi Bhushan Agrawal
11. Sustainable Cultivation of GM Crops in the Age of Climate Change: A Global Perspective
12. Aspects of genetically modified plants in removing heavy metals from the soil
Section 4: Genetically modified food: Socio-ethical issues and regulatory challenges
13. Public acceptance of GM foods: A global perspective (1999-2019)
Dominika Sikora, Piotr Rzymski
14. Evolution of genetically modified (GM) crops and the scared world
Subhankar Biswas, AkankshaSrivastava, SandhyaYadav, Yogesh Mishra
15. Assessment of the environmental and health impacts of genetically modified crops
Aditya Vikram Agarwal; Rana Pratap Singh
16. Food safety issues and challenges of GM crops
Niaz Ahmad, Ghulam Raza, Tahir Waheed, Zahid Mukhtar
17. Health risks and environmental concerns of GM crop adoption
Usha Singh Gaharwar, Akanksha Verma, Richa Singh, Tulika Prasad and Paulraj R
18. Regulatory Framework for GMOs-Interplay between Regulatory Policies and Socio-ethical Concern
Sweta Jha, Nirmla Devi Thakur, Aditya Abha Singh
19. Socio-ethical Aspect of Genetically Modified Organisms: A Critical Analysis
Ajoykumar KN, Gurudatta Singh and Shackira AM
Section 5: Technical advancements in plant genetic engineering and crop improvement
20. Research Trends in Genetically modified (GM) Plants
Krishna Kumar Rai, Mohd Aamir, Andleeb Zehra and Avinash Chandra Rai
21. Nano-biotechnological approach of plant genetic engineering
Rima Kumari, Devendra Pratap Singh
22. Advances in Genetically Modified Plants by employing modern biotechnological tools: An update
Shilpi Nagar, Anil Kumar Moola, Lakkakula Satish, Shalini Anand, Charu Dogra Rawat, Manikandan Ramesh, T. Senthil Kumar and B. D. Ranjitha Kumari
23. Transformation techniques and their role in crop improvements: A global scenario of GM crops
Abhishek K. Singh, Vishnu D. Rajput, Alok K. Singh, Rakesh S. Sengar, Rupesh Kumar Singh, Tatiana M. Minkina
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st January 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Pardeep Singh is an Assistant Professor at Department of Environmental Studies, PGDAV College University of Delhi, New Delhi, India. He completed his Master’s Degree from the Department of Environmental Science Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, and doctorate from Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi, India. His research interests are in waste management, wastewater treatment and electronic waste management. He has published various research and review articles in national and international journals in the fields of environmental science research.
Assistant Professor, PGDAV College University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
Dr. Anwesha Borthakur is a research fellow at the Centre for Studies in Science Policy, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. She has an M.Phil and PhD in Science Policy Studies. The area of her both M.Phil and PhD studies was waste management and policy implications in India. She has published more than 30 papers/chapters in international peer-reviewed journals and books. Presently working as a Post Doctoral Fellow.
Research Fellow, Centre for Studies in Science Policy, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India
Dr. Aditya Abha Singh is currently working as a national post-doctoral fellow for two years in Department of Plant Molecular Biology, University of Delhi south campus, one of the leading University of India. She has obtained her master’s degree and pursued her doctoral research from Banaras Hindu University, India. Her doctoral research focused on crop plant responses to an atmospheric pollutant and an abiotic stressor tropospheric ozone. She has also worked on interactive effects of ozone with other components of climate change such as raising levels of carbon dioxide and alleviation effects of ozone by the use of antiozonants on model crops. She has published various articles in journal of international repute.
Department of Plant Molecular Biology, University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi, India
Dr. Ajay Kumar is a visiting scientist at the Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani center, Rishon Leziyon, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development Israel. Dr. Kumar completed his doctoral research from Department of Botany, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. He has published more than sixty research articles and book chapters in the leading International and National journals or books. He has wide area of research experience, especially in the field of Plant-Microbe Interactions, Microbial biocontrol, and Endophytes related with the medicinal plants. He is an invited member of the editorial committee of the“International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences” and “Journal of Plant Science and Agriculture Research. He is also an active reviewer for journals including PLOS ONE, Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment, Biological Control, Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 3Biotech etc.
Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani Center, Rishon, Lezziyon, Israel
Dr. Kshitij Kumar Singh is an Assistant Professor at Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi. Prior to this, he worked as an Assistant Professor in Amity Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Amity University UP (NOIDA Campus). Dr. Singh obtained his LL.M. and Ph.D. degrees from Banaras Hindu University and received Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Asia-Pacific 2010. He has been a Visiting Research Fellow to Faculty of Law, University of Western Ontario, Canada in 2009 and 2010. He specializes in intellectual property law and biotechnology law.
Assistant Professor, Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.