Introduction to Policy & Politics in Nursing & Health Care
1. A Framework for Action in Policy and Politics
2. A Historical Perspective on Policy, Politics and Nursing
3. Learning the Ropes of Policy, Politics, and Advocacy
4. How I Learned the Ropes of Policy and Politics
5. Taking Action: Advocacy in Nursing and Health Care NEW!
6. A Primer on Political Philosophy
7. The Policy Process
8. Political Analysis And Strategies
9. Health Policy, Politics, and Professional Ethics
10. Using the Power of Media to Influence Health Policy and Politics
11. Communications Skills for Political Success
12. Conflict Management in Health Care: The Tipping Point Arrives
Health Care Delivery and Financing
13. The U.S. Health Care System
14. Financing Health Care in the U.S.
15. Could a National Health System Work in the United States?
16. A Primer on Health Economics
17. Reforming Medicare
18. Children's Health Insurance Coverage: Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance Program
19. The U.S. Military Health System: Policy Challenges in Wartime and Peacetime
20. The Veteran's Administration Health System: An Overview of Major Policy Issues
21. The United States' Health Insurance Crisis NEW!
22. Policy Approaches to Address Health Disparities NEW!
23. The Rural Health Care Tundra NEW!
24. Long Term Care Policy Issues
25. Home Health Care: Evolving Policy NEW!
26. Achieving Mental Health Parity
27. Integrative Health: Pathway to Health Reform and a Healthier Nation
28. Nursing's Influence on Drug Development and Safety
29. Chronic Care Policy: Medical Homes and Primary Care
Featuring analysis of healthcare issues and first-person stories, Policy & Politics in Nursing and Health Care helps you develop skills in influencing policy in today's changing health care environment. Approximately 150 expert contributors present a wide range of topics in policies and politics, providing a more complete background than can be found in any other policy textbook on the market. Discussions include the latest updates on conflict management, health economics, lobbying, the use of media, and working with communities for change. With these insights and strategies, you'll be prepared to play a leadership role in the four spheres in which nurses are politically active: the workplace, government, professional organizations, and the community.
- Comprehensive coverage of healthcare policies and politics provides a broader understanding of nursing leadership and political activism, as well as complex business and financial issues.
- Expert authors make up a virtual Nursing Who's Who in healthcare policy, sharing information and personal perspectives gained in the crafting of healthcare policy.
- Taking Action essays include personal accounts of how nurses have participated in politics and what they have accomplished.
- Winner of several American Journal of Nursing "Book of the Year" awards!
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Rudin Professor, Co-Director of the Center for Health, Media, and Policy, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY