- Print ISBN 9781455731183
- Electronic ISBN 9781455731190
- The eighth edition includes analysis of timely matters such as technology, the police intelligence function, information sharing, interagency cooperation, and more.
- Each chapter is enhanced with learning objectives, discussion questions, and feature boxes.
- Six case studies with discussion questions provide opportunities for the reader to review real-world situations.
Students and professionals in the criminal justice field. Also used for law enforcement promotional exams nationwide.
Part One: Basic Considerations
1. Introduction to Police Administration
2. The Nature of Police Work
3. Police Goals and Systems
4. Police Organizational Tasks
Part Two: The Traditional Perspective
5. Principles and Policies in the Police Organization
6. Functions of Police Management
7. The Police Executive
Part Three: The Human Perspective
8. Individuals and Groups in the Police Organization
9. Developing the Police Organization
10. Leadership in the Police Organization
Part Four: The Strategic Management Perspective
11. Information in the Police Organization
12. Evaluating Police Performance
13. Police Strategies and Tactics
14. Police and Homeland Security
15. Contemporary Issues in Police Administration
- No. of pages:
- © 2014
- 31st January 2013
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN:
"The text examines police administration from four distinct perspectives: a systems perspective,…a traditional, structural perspective,…a human behavioral perspective,…and a strategic management perspective. In addition to detailed coverage of management functions and organizational principles, the book emphasized diversity principles and developing police agencies as learning organizations."--The Journal, Fall/Winter 2013