Ideal for quick reference in the clinical setting, this portable companion to Carolyn Jarvis’ Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 2nd Canadian Edition summarizes essential assessment skills and techniques for the most effective physical examinations. This convenient clinical tool provides fast, easy access to full-colour pathology photos and illustrations, health history, examination steps for each body system, normal versus abnormal findings, lifespan and cultural considerations, nursing diagnoses, and summary checklists.
- Convenient, colour-coded design helps students easily locate the information they need.
- More than 200 full-colour illustrations clearly demonstrate important anatomy and physiology concepts, examination steps, and normal and abnormal findings.
- Age-specific developmental competencies highlight important considerations for pediatric, pregnant, and aging patients.
- Cultural competency icons alert students to relevant cultural considerations in the clinical setting.
- Abnormal findings tables provide fast access to key information on many frequently encountered conditions.
2. Mental Health Assessment
3. Assessment Techniques and the Clinical Setting
4. General Survey, Measurement, Vital Signs, and Pain Assessment
5. Skin, Hair, and Nails
6. Head, Face, and Neck, Including Regional Lymphatic System
9. Nose, Mouth, and Throat
10. Breasts, Including Regional Lymphatic System
11. Thorax and Lungs
12. Heart and Neck Vessels
13. Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System
14. The Abdomen
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Neurological System
17. Male Genitourinary System
18. Female Genitourinary System
19. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
20. The Complete Health Assessment: Putting It All Together
21. NEW! Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Adult