The practical nursing handbook you can use in the clinical setting! Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, Canadian 3rd Edition makes it fast and easy to look up essential assessment skills and techniques. This portable clinical guide helps you conduct more effective exams by referring to summaries of examination steps, normal versus abnormal findings, lifespan and multicultural considerations, and over 200 full-colour photos and illustrations. With added content on the Electronic Health Record, charting, paediatrics, pregnant, and aging adult patients, and narrative recording this handbook is a perfect clinical tool whether you’re a beginner who is learning assessment skills or a practitioner who needs a portable reference!
- Two-column format for examination content makes it easier to access, learn, and understand key physical examination skills and findings.
- Abnormal findings tables help you to recognize, sort, and describe key abnormal findings.
- Colour-coded bars visually segment each body system chapter into major sections (anatomy, subjective data, objective data, and abnormal findings) to promote accessibility to content.
- Summary checklists offer reviews of key examination steps.
- Developmental Considerations sections highlight content specific to infants, children, adolescents, pregnant women, and older adults.
- Cultural and Social Considerations sections reflect the cultural diversity of Canada’s population.
- More than 200 full-colour illustrations demonstrate examination skills, underlying anatomy and physiology, and normal and abnormal findings to provide you with a complete picture for physical examination.
- The Interview and the Health History
2. Mental Health Assessment
3. Assessment Techniques and the Clinical Setting
4. General Survey, Measurement, Vital Signs, and Pain Assessment
5. Skin, Hair, and Nails
6. Head, Face, and Neck, Including Regional Lymphatic System
9. Nose, Mouth, and Throat
10. Breasts, Including Regional Lymphatic System
11. Thorax and Lungs
12. Heart and Neck Vessels
13. Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System
14. The Abdomen
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Neurological System
17. Male Genitourinary System
18. Female Genitourinary System
19. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
20. The Complete Health Assessment: Putting It All Together
21. Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Adult
- No. of pages:
- 20th December 2018
- Saunders Canada
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APRN, CNP
Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois
Annette J. Browne, PhD, RN
Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of British Columbia; New Investigator, Canadian Institutes of Health Research; Scholar, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research, Vancouver, BC
June MacDonald-Jenkins, RN, BScN, MSc
Professor, School of Health and Community Studies, Durham College; Assistant Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Health Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Oshawa, ON
Marian Lucktkar-Flude, RN, BScN, MScN
Health Assessment Lecturer & Course Coordinator, School of Nursing; Nursing Lab Coordinator, Faculty of Health Sciences Patient Simulation Lab, Queen's University; Project Coordinator, Interprofessional Health Education Through Patient Simulation; Nursing Research Program Coordinator, Nursing Research Unit, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, ON