Plant Tissue Culture, Second Edition provides laboratory exercises in plant tissue culture that demonstrate major educational concepts. The experiments can be conducted with a variety of plant materials that are available year round from easily accessible sources. This course book will give students diverse learning experiences in a semester course. New and experienced plant scientists in agriculture, university, and industry settings will also find this concise manual to be of great value.
@bul:* Presents unique laboratory exercises using a variety of plant materials and step-by-step protocols
* Provides detailed line drawings that complement both introductions and experiments
* Includes supplementary sections
@subbul:* Scheduling and interrelationships of exercises for teachers
* Tissue culture laboratory setup
* Supplies, media, and explant preparation
* Glossary of terms
@bul:* Exercises rigorously tested for practicality through years of course use
* Contains two new chapters
@subbul:* History of Plant Cell Culture by Trevor Thorpe
* Woody Plants and Shrubs by Brent McCown
@bul:* Adaptable by teachers, students, researchers, and technicians
Faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates interested in plant cell and tissue culture.