Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Plant Small RNA: Biogenesis, Regulation and Application describes the biosynthesis of small RNA in plant systems. With an emphasis on the various molecular mechanisms affected by small RNA and their applications in supporting plant growth and survival, this books presents the basics and most recent advancements in small RNA mediated plant genomics, metabolomics, proteomics and physiology. In addition, it emphasizes the various molecular mechanisms affected by small RNA and their applications in supporting plant growth and survival. Final sections cover the most recent advancements in small RNA mediated plant genomics, metabolomics, proteomics and physiology.
- Presents foundational information about small RNA biology and regulation in plants
- Includes small RNA pathway advances
- Describes the application and scope of small RNA technology for agricultural stability
Researchers, academics and advanced students seeking to understand the detailed concept of small RNA biogenesis and their role in plant growth and development
Section 1 Basics
1. Introduction to plant small RNAs
2. Diversity and types of small RNA
3.Biogenesis of small RNA: Molecular pathways and regulatory mechanisms
4. Transcriptome-based identification of small RNA in plants: The need for robust prediction algorithms
SECTION 2 Expression and regulation mechanism of small RNA
5. Role of RNA interference in seed germination
6. Importance of small RNA in plant seed germination
7. Importance of small RNA in plant metabolism
8. Small RNA in tolerating various biotic stresses
9. Role of small RNA in regulating plant viral pathogenesis
10. Salt stress tolerance and small RNA
11. Small RNAs and cold stress tolerance
12. Toward elucidating the functions of miRNAs in drought stress tolerance
13. Regulation of photosynthesis and vegetative growth of plants by small RNAs
14. Heat stress tolerance through small RNA
15. Role of small RNA in plant interaction with microbes
16. Plant growth regulation by small RNA-mediated plant-biotic interactions
17. Small RNA and DNA methylation in plants
SECTION 3 Application of small RNA
18. Small RNA manipulation in plants:
Techniques and recent developments
19. MicroRNA-mediated regularity functions under salinity stress in plants
20. Biotic stress-tolerant plants through small RNA technology
21. Application of miRNA in fruit quality improvement
22. Physiological modification of plants through small RNA
23. Small RNA technology for plant abiotic stress tolerance
SECTION 4 Future scope
24. Challenges of small RNA technology
25. Future scope of small RNA technology in crop science
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 18th February 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Praveen Guleria is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology at DAV University, Jalandhar, Punjab, India. She has worked in the areas of Plant Biotechnology, Plant Metabolic Engineering and Plant Stress Biology at CSIR- Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Palampur, H.P. India. Her research interests include plant stress biology, plant small RNA Biology, plant epigenomics and nanotoxicity. She has published several research articles in various peer-reviewed journals. She is also serving as the editorial board member and reviewer for certain international peer reviewed journals. She has been awarded the SERB- Start Up Grant by DST, GOI. She has also been awarded the prestigious “Bharat Gaurav Award” by the India International Friendship Society, New Delhi. She has also received various awards like CSIR/ ICMR- Junior research Fellowship, CSIR- Senior research fellowship, State level merit scholarship awards.
Assistant Professor, Plant Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Lab, Department of Biotechnology, DAV University, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Vineet Kumar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab, India. He has worked in different area of biotechnology and nanotechnology in various institutes and universities in India namely, Panjab University Chandigarh, CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, India, CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology and Himachal Pradesh University. He has published many articles in these areas featuring in peer-reviewed journals. He serves as editorial board member and reviewer for international peer reviewed journals and has received awards for his work, including the Dr DSK-postdoctoral fellowship, senior research fellowships and best poster awards.
Dept of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Vinayak Vidyapeeth, Modipuram, Meerut-250110, Uttar Pradesh, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.