Table of Contents
- Introduction to Part 1: Weather modification (J.W. Schuelein). Augmentation of rainfall from summer cumulus clouds (A.S. Dennis). Society's involvement in planned weather modification (S.A. Changnon, Jr.). Utilization and assessment of operational weather modification programs for augmenting precipitation (L.O. Grant). Considerations in the development of a state operational weather modification plan (J.W. Schuelein et al.). Introduction to Part 2: Soil, plant and atmosphere effects (B.L. Blad). Increasing atmospheric CO
2: effect on crop yield, water use and climate (B.A. Kimball, S.B. Idso). Potential for plant environment modification (B.J. Barfield, J.M. Norman). Soil management for semiarid regions (W.E. Larson et al.). Farm management and the function of field crop root systems (B. Klepper et al.). Principles of water management under drought conditions (W.R. Gardner, H.R. Gardner). Irrigation in the Great Plains (E.T. Kanemasu et al.). Introduction to Part 3: Plant breeding and genetics (J.R. Welsh). Drought resistance and wheat breeding (J.W. Schmidt). Genetic and physiological relationships in plant breeding for drought resistance (A. Blum). Drought tolerant sorghum and cotton germplasm (D.T. Rosenow et al.). Drought tolerance in US maize (S.D. Jensen, A.J. Cavalier). Introduction to Part 4: Physiology of stress (W.R. Jordan). Subcellular mechanisms of plant response to low water potential (J.S. Boyer). Photosynthetic activity during stress (D.R. Krieg). Roots and drought resistance (J.B. Passioura). Strategies for crop improvement for drought-prone regions (W.R. Jordan et al.). Introduction to Part 5: Remote sensing of plant stress and water use (J.L. Heilman). Drought detection and quantification by reflectance and thermal response (C.L. Wiegand et al.). Remote monitoring of rangeland production (E.L. Maxwell). Estimation of daily evapotranspiration from one time-of-day measurement (R.D. Jackson et al.). Estimation of evapotranspiration at one time-of-day using remotely sensed surface temperatures (J.L. Hatfield). Infrared remote sensing for monitoring rainfall (D.G. Moore et al.). Integrating passive microwave measurements with a soil moisture/heat
flow model (R.W. Newton et al.).
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1986
- Published: January 1, 1986
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780444600042
About the Editors
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Plant Production and Management under Drought Conditions"