Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Imaging secretory events in plant cells
2. 3D electron microscopy of plant membrane systems
3. Methods for studying protein targeting to and within chloroplasts
4. Single channel measurements of plant mechanosensitive ion channels
5. Quantitative analysis of cytoplasmic streaming
6. Imaging movement through plasmodesmata
7. Biochemical analysis of cell wall polymers
Jenny C. Mortimer
8. Expression, biochemistry and structure of plant glycosyltransferases
Breeanna Rae Urbanowicz
9. Studying cell wall mechanics using atomic force microscopy
10. Staining and automated image analysis of callose in the plant cell wall
11. Tracking of cellulose synthase complexes
12. Glycosylation of cell wall proteins
13. Super-resolution imaging of microtubules in Medicago sativa
14. Live imaging of microtubules in petal conical cells
15. Purification of plant tubulins for in vitro studies
16. Kymograph-based analysis of microtubule dynamics
17. Simultaneous measurement of turgor pressure and cell wall elasticity in growing pollen tubes
18. Methods for live cell imaging of pollen biology
19. Morphological analysis of Arabidopsis sepals
20. Construction and use of a tensile device for onion epidermis
21. User-friendly assessment of pavement cell shape features with PaCeQuant: novel functions and tools
22. Imaging pavement cell development
23. Microfluidics systems for plant root imaging and analysis
Guido Grossmann and Marjorie Guichard
24. Live imaging and morphometry of roots
25. Correlative electron and light microscopy of plant cells
Plant Cell Biology, volume 160 in "Methods in Cell Biology", includes chapters on modern experimental procedures and applications developed for research in the broad area of plant cell biology. Topics covered in this volume include techniques for imaging and analyzing membrane dynamics and movement across membranes; cell wall composition, structure and mechanics; cytoskeleton dynamics and organization; cell development; ion channel physiology; cell mechanics; and methods related to quantifying cell morphogenesis.
- Provide in-depth procedures and application notes from selected experts who developed the methods
- Each chapter will include figures and movies as appropriate to explain complex techniques
- Chapters will include caveats of techniques and future prospects
Cell biologists, biophysicists and physiologists who study plant cells and wish to expand their expertise to include new approaches
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st September 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.