Section 1: Preparation for the community practice learning environment
1 The context of community nursing
2 Introduction to Community settings, services and roles
3 Practice learning in the community: what to expect
4 Maximising the learning opportunities available in the community
Section 2: Placement Learning Opportunities
5 Assessing and addressing need in the community
6 Managing long-term conditions in the community
7 Infection prevention and control in the community
8 Mental Health and Care in the Community
Section 3: Professional issues
9 Communication in Community Practice
10 Leadership, management and team working in Community Practice
11 Promoting clinical effectiveness and maintaining quality of care
12 Medicines management in the community
Section 4: Consolidating Learning
13 Being an effective student: learning in a community setting
14 Developing competence for person-centred nursing in the community
Worried about your placement? Will you fit in? Will you have the right skills? What do you need to learn for practice assessments?
This book will help you with all these concerns. It will tell you what to expect from the placement, what you can learn, how to link theory and practice, and how to make the most of your learning opportunities.
- A logical, step-by-step approach to preparing for a community placement
- Helps make the most of learning opportunities
- Narratives from other students describe what the placement will really be like
- Honest discussion of the challenges of a placement in the community to help avoid problems
- Advice on possible approaches to situations that may arise on a community placement
- A unique guide to getting the most from clinical placements
- What to expect before a placement
- What you can expect to learn on placement
- How to consolidate your experience and learning
- Clear links and examples with NMC proficiencies
- Guidance on what to use as evidence for portfolios
- Short case studies to link theory with practice
- Key points reminder boxes
- No. of pages:
- © Bailièrre Tindall 2013
- 21st March 2013
- Bailièrre Tindall
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing & Midwifery, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing & Midwifery, University of Abertay, Dundee
Editor in Chief, Nurse Education in Practice, University of Salford, Salford, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.