Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Pipe Drafting and Design, Fourth Edition is a tried and trusted guide to the terminology, drafting methods, and applications of pipes, fittings, flanges, valves, and more. Those new to this subject will find no better introduction on the topic, with easy step-by-step instructions, exercises, review questions, hundreds of clear illustrations, explanations of drawing techniques, methodology and symbology for piping and instrumentation diagrams, piping arrangement drawings and elevations, and piping isometric drawings. This fully updated and expanded new edition also explains procedures for building 3D models and gives examples of field-scale projects showing flow diagrams and piping arrangement drawings in the real world.
The latest relevant standards and codes are also addressed, making this a valuable and complete reference for experienced engineers, too.
- Provides tactics on the drafting and design of pipes, from fundamentals to detailed advice on the development of piping drawings, using manual and CAD techniques
- Covers 3-D model images that provide an uncommon opportunity to visualize an entire piping facility
- Includes exercises and questions designed for review and practice
- Introduces the latest 3D modeling software programs and 3D scanning systems
Entry-level pipe and plant drafters and designers in industry. Students and researchers interested in design of pipelines and multiphase flow within pipelines
1. Overview of Pipe Drafting and Design
2. Steel Pipe
3. Pipe Fittings
4. Flange Basics
6. Mechanical Equipment
7. Flow Diagrams and Instrumentation
8. Codes and Specifications
9. Equipment Layout
10. Piping Arrangement Drawings, Sections, and Elevations
11. Standard Piping Details
12. Piping Systems
13. Piping Isometrics
14. 3D Piping Models and As-Built Drawings
15. Project Coordination and Development
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2021
- 19th August 2021
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Roy A. Parisher is a professor and former department chair of the Engineering Design Graphics department at San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas, where he has taught for over 40 years. He also taught at the University of Houston Downtown’s Summer Piping Institute.
Professor, San Jacinto College, Pasadena, TX, USA
Robert A. Rhea is a former associate professor of engineering technology at the University of Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas.
University of Houston Downtown, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.