- Print ISBN 9781455707041
- Electronic ISBN 9781455707096
- Clearly written instructions and full-color illustrations on patient care techniques and procedures cover topics such as proper lifting, patient transfers, basic wound care, and assessment of vital signs.
- Insight into rationales and physiological principles explain why specific techniques and procedures are used.
- More than 700 full-color photographs vividly demonstrate proper performance of techniques and procedures used in the assessment and management of patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Procedure boxes throughout the text offer additional tips for optimal assessment and management of patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Self-study and problem solving activities promote decision-making and problem solving skills.
1. Preparation Patient Care Activities
2. Approaches to Infection Control
3. Assessment of Vital Signs
4. Body Mechanics
5. Positioning and Draping
6. Chapter Basic Exercise: Passive and Active
7. Features and Activities of Wheeled Mobility Aids
8. Transfer Activities
9. Ambulation Aids, Patterns, and Activities
10. Special Equipment and Patient Care Environments
11. Basic Wound Care and Specialized Interventions
12. Incidents and Emergencies
13. Americans with Disabilities Act: A Review
- No. of pages:
- © 2013
- 25th April 2012
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: