Drawing on their many years of experience in various orthopaedic settings, the authors of this valuable resource describe how to apply clinical reasoning to a diverse range of patient problems. The content of the book progresses logically from normal to abnormal findings and from simple to complex conditions. Engaging case studies and self-assessment sections help readers develop a reasoned and logical approach to the management of orthopaedic patients.
- Chapter summaries emphasize key areas of importance.
- Case studies illustrate problem-solving approaches and demonstrate how to manage specific client groups.
- Objectives and prerequisites are included for each section, alerting readers to what they should know before and after reading.
- Reading and practice assignments include recommended prerequisite knowledge and experience.
- Well-illustrated text includes line diagrams, photographs, and radiographs to clarify important concepts.
- Introduction to Problem Solving
2. Changes in the Musculoskeletal System
3. Recognition of Change in the Musculoskeletal System:Assessment
4. Decision Making and Clinical Reasoning in Orthopaedics
5. Management of Fractures
6. Soft Tissue Injuries
7. Rheumatic Conditions
8. Total Joint Replacement
9. Bone Diseases
10. Gait Analysis in the Clinical Situation
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2005
- 22nd March 2005
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Senior Lecturer, School of Health and Bioscience, University of East London, London
Lecturer, Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh
Superintendent Physiotherapist, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Middlesex
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.