Table of Contents
- Contents. List of Contributors. Preface (C.R. Jefcoate). P450 Cytochromes and Hormonal Regulation: An Overview (C.R. Jefcoate). Electron Transfer Proteins of Cytochrome P450 Systems (I. Hanukoglu). The Molecular Structure of P450s: The Conserved and the Variable Elements (S.E. Graham-Lorence and J.A. Peterson). Diverse Molecular Mechanisms Regulate the Expression of Steroid Hydryxylase Genes Required for Production of Ligands for Nuclear Receptors (M.R. Waterman and D.S. Keeney). Cytochrome P450
sccand Regulation of Cholesterol Conversion to Steroid Hormones (C.R. Jefacoate). The Regulation of the Formation of Glucocorticoids and Mineralocorticoids In Vivo (J. LeHoux, H. Bernard, L. Ducharme, A. Lefebvre, D. Shapcott, A. Tremblay, and S. Véronneau). Physiology and Molecular Biology of P450c21 and P450c17 (B. Chung). The Aromatase Reaction (E.R. Simpson, M.S. Mahendroo, M.W. Kilgore, G.D. Means, S.E. Bulun, M.M. Hinshelwood, and C.R. Mendelson). Regulation of Calcium Metabolism by the Vitamin D Hydroxylases (H.J. Armbrecht, R.K. Nemani, and N. Wongsurawat). The Regulation of Cholesterol Conversion to Bile Acids (J.Y.L. Chiang and Z.R. Vlahcevic). Eicosanoid Metabolism and Bioactivation by Microsomal Cytochrome P450 (J.H. Capdevila, D. Zeldin, A. Karara, and J.R. Falck). Steroid Hormones and Other Physiologic Regulators of Liver Cytochromes P450: Metabolic Reactions and Regulatory Pathways (D.J. Waxman). Index.
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1996
- Published: December 9, 1996
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780762301133
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Physiological Functions of Cytochrome P450 in Relation to Structure and Regulation"