Physicochemical and Environmental Plant Physiology, Fourth Edition, is the updated version of an established and successful reference for plant scientists. The author has taken into consideration extensive reviews performed by colleagues and students who have touted this book as the ultimate reference for research and learning.
The original structure and philosophy of the book continue in this new edition, providing a genuine synthesis of modern physicochemical and physiological thinking, while entirely updating the detailed content. This version contains more than 40% new coverage; five brand new equations and four new tables, with updates to 24 equations and six tables; and 30 new figures have been added with more than three-quarters of figures and legends improved. Key concepts in plant physiology are developed with the use of chemistry, physics, and mathematics fundamentals.
The book is organized so that a student has easy access to locate any biophysical phenomenon in which he or she is interested.
- More than 40% new coverage
- Incorporates student-recommended changes from the previous edition
- Five brand new equations and four new tables, with updates to 24 equations and six tables
- 30 new figures added with more than three-quarters of figures and legends improved
- Organized so that a student has easy access to locate any biophysical phenomenon in which he or she is interested
- Per-chapter key equation tables
- Problems with solutions presented in the back of the book
- Appendices with conversion factors, constants/coefficients, abbreviations and symbols
Researchers and upper-level students studying plant physiology, physical chemical biology, plant physiological ecology, physicochemical biology, environmental biology, plant biophysics, cell biology; scientists, and academics interested in plant sciences and environmental sciences
Cells and Diffusion Water Solutes Light Photochemistry of Photosynthesis Bioenergetics Temperature and Energy Budgets Leaves and Fluxes Plants & Fluxes Problem Solutions Appendices
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2009
- 6th April 2009
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
"... the book remains a rigorous and reliable text covering many aspects of the basic biophysics of plant physiology and of plant interactions with the environment, with its well recognized emphasis on a quantitative approach." -- Hamlyn G. Jones, The Journal of Experimental Agriculture, Cambridge University Press 2010