- Comprehensive review content based on the physician exam covers everything you need to know to pass your certification exam.
- Concise outline format helps you access key information quickly and study more efficiently.
- Concrete real-life coding reports simulate the reports that you will encounter on the job and challenge you to apply key coding principles to actual cases.
- Success Strategies section guides you through the entire exam process.
- Practice exams on the Evolve companion website allow you to assess strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for focused study.
- A final exam located in the text simulates the actual testing experience you’ll encounter when you take the physician certification exam.
- Answers and rationales to the practice and final exams are available on the Evolve website.
Course Syllabus and Student Calendar
Unit 1: Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
Unit 2: Reimbursement Issues
Unit 3: Overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Coding
Unit 4: Preparing for Practice Examinations
Appendix A: Resources
Appendix B: Medical Terminology
Appendix C: Combining Forms
Appendix D: Prefixes
Appendix E: Suffixes
Appendix F: Abbreviations
Appendix G: Further Text Resources
Appendix H: Practice Exercises Answers and Rationales